I want to know what is your favorite rule in the league you are currently playing in that will draw you to that league before it would any other league. Thanks!! I then will create a poll to see the top 5 fan favorites.
7/1/2013 8:45 PM
The newest rule we just adopted in Mantle is that no cash is allowed in any trades before the end of free agency.  This eliminates the opportunity for owners to accumulate additional cash beyond the $185m they start with to spend on free agents during the FA bidding period.  Keeps the playing field level, at least at that time of the season.
7/1/2013 9:10 PM
MWR
7/2/2013 12:57 AM
No excuses MWR.
7/2/2013 8:28 AM

Being as the only league I am in anymore is For Life:

No signing of other teams free agents until one cycle before the fa period ends.

7/2/2013 10:35 AM
MWR.
Cash in trades is the devil.
7/2/2013 10:45 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I like minimum win rule just because it really is the best way to deter tanking. You'll never get rid of it for good, but 95% of the time, I think a MWR does the job it's supposed to. 
7/2/2013 1:33 PM
MWR
7/2/2013 3:22 PM
MWR and a max prospect transfer. To see some teams spend 40 mill on an IFA is insane. I came up with a rule addition to that particular rule in Yaz where you can spend as much as you need to to sign all of your draft prospects as you want, then you can't spend more then a set amount be it 25 or 27 million on IFAs. This way EVERY team that chooses to hunt for IFAs has an equal shot at the best ones.
7/2/2013 3:42 PM
MWR also.  I have no problem with cash in trades.  Just another asset to bargain with.
7/2/2013 3:43 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 7/2/2013 3:42:00 PM (view original):
MWR and a max prospect transfer. To see some teams spend 40 mill on an IFA is insane. I came up with a rule addition to that particular rule in Yaz where you can spend as much as you need to to sign all of your draft prospects as you want, then you can't spend more then a set amount be it 25 or 27 million on IFAs. This way EVERY team that chooses to hunt for IFAs has an equal shot at the best ones.
Then it just becomes a tiebreaker issue.

Is that really better?
7/3/2013 1:19 AM
Assuming that everybody signs their 1st rd pick and even their 2nd and 3rd the teams picking last as in the best teams have the best chance of getting the best IFAs, that doesnt sound particularly fair.  And Ive seen many instances of teams not taking a bottom 5 pick to have even more money to spend on the best IFA.  My rule change gives the worst teams in the world equal footing with the top teams in the world in getting IFAs.  That might be a problem if a world has several tankers, so its not for every world, but Yaz does not have that problem.
7/3/2013 8:27 AM
When was that rule put in place?   Looks like the Ottawa franchise benefitted from it.   Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Juan Polanco
7/3/2013 8:42 AM
LOL.  I went back to season 20.  Polanco had the 4th highest bonus and no one got as much as 30m.

You're possibly the most dishonest owner in HBD.   Good thing your brother is commish so he can help you out with IFA.
7/3/2013 8:45 AM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.