I need an answer asap if you all can please Topic

It only takes 10 votes to ouster a commish.  This might be a route worth pursuing.
7/20/2013 3:01 PM
Just read the trade chat from that world.  I would have my back WAY UP over something like this.  Pretty dirty move to try to kick you out by a secret vote.  WiS can't help him kick you out if you didn't break any rules.  I would sign up for next season, and not leave no matter what.  Good luck finding new owners BSA.  Not a good move when interest in HBD seems to be at an all-time low.  Considering how things are run in there, If I had a choice to take a team in BSA or almost any other world, I'd go with the other one.  Is the commish really looking out for the best interests of the world?
7/20/2013 3:16 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
BSA HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN ADDED TO THE WORLD BLACK LIST. 

Gino, I recommend sitemailing(!) other owners to determine if this vote was actually cast or he is claiming it. If it wasn't, that's when you come forth in the World Chat and get this guy ousted.

Funny, the guy trying to do the ousting could be the one being ousted. Live by the sword, die by the sword.
7/20/2013 4:37 PM
Was this "co-worker" introduced initially as a person known to the commish?  Or did their acquaintance only come out upon questioning?
7/20/2013 4:38 PM
Gino- do what you do best. **** **** up.
7/20/2013 4:39 PM
Looks like what they need is a league wide vote and the "problem" is solved.
7/20/2013 4:49 PM
Heh

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=411261&page=1

Don't ask me how I remembered this, just triggered that I had a dipshit exchange with him.
7/20/2013 4:59 PM
Everybody is making these decisions and bashing a veteran's committee for ousting a rude and abusive owner. Gino has had many divisive and offensive confrontations. I did not start the voting process. 3 long term owners wrote to me sperately and said that they would not return to the league if Gino was there. This was all discussed previously to his amazing playoff run as a 6 seed. His teams success in the playoffs does not change the fact that he is a disruptive and rude individual that people in the league do not want to be involved with any longer.

I do not relish having to do this. For the overall peace and tranquilty of the league, which is private, we should not be forced to have somebody in the league that we no longer want to associate with.
7/20/2013 5:09 PM
Posted by shobob on 7/20/2013 4:38:00 PM (view original):
Was this "co-worker" introduced initially as a person known to the commish?  Or did their acquaintance only come out upon questioning?
the 'co-worker' was introduced before hand......there was no questioning.

our commish, has been pretty lenient with us up until this fiasco between ginobili and sabres and himself being called out for collusion. it has been a pretty decent run of little to no drama with 32 different personalities......i know we all can't be happy with each other on any given day,  but there still has to be some civility, and when the proverbial button was pushed, there was no turning pack the page.

the first comment was taken way out of hand, and the come-back was taken to the extreme and just spiraled out of control from there....yes there was a private vote, which on hind-site could have been done publicly......but, why put something like that over the head of 'gino' when he had the playoff run he had, and then winning the World Series, and the way he has turned that team around for the better??????

by him taking the matter here, to the public forums, i think his fate may have been sealed and also our reputation has been soiled for some time to come........we should have been able to deal with this internally and as private as possible to come to some conclusion that fits not only the parties involved, but the remaining owners/managers as well. cuz now it will be effecting us all as one.

thanx for letting me get out my two and a half cents here.

7/20/2013 5:22 PM
When I was commish, if I had a guy who was so bad that NOONE in the league wanted him, I would have held a PUBLIC vote. I would not tc half the league, and say " we had a super secret meeting, the tribe has spoken".

Whether it turns out to be collusion or not, those trades should raise eyeballs. Anytime two partners hook up constantly it makes me suspect.
7/20/2013 5:41 PM
Posted by hwaters397 on 7/20/2013 4:56:00 PM (view original):
Guys, you have no idea how offensive and divisive Gino can be.  His personal comments toward another owner would probably lead most of us to hunt him down and beat him.  Then, he accuses the commish (who has done an amazing job for 27 seasons) of collusion.  I understand how outsiders could think Gino is being mistreated based on how he has presented his case here, but you didn't actually experience his personal, abusive rants (none of which involved me).
You make the mistake of thinking some of us don't know him. He's an ***, but he sure as hell isn't a liar, and his shtick has always been his "abusive rants." That probably sounds bad but it's true, and he's a great guy that I would defend wholeheartedly on an internet message board. 
7/20/2013 6:09 PM
I'm not saying I am an Angel in this deal but I told sabres it was a stupid trade and did call him an idiot for making the trade. That's when he came back about my personal life and me having to leave the league before because I cheated on my wife and got caught. That was my personal business I had told Mike, the "commish" when I left so after I was gone he must have made it public to everyone else on why I left. Obviously there is a click and of course gino isn't in it and that's fine I don't do clicks. I ride solo!! I am very easy to get along with until you push my buttons and sabres has done that from day one and mike has just started and that was a crappy way to get rid of me by using this bull crap excuse of a over half the league vote where I know of one guy has told me he was asked but never voted because he was on the fence to either way.
7/20/2013 6:22 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
I need an answer asap if you all can please Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.