I need an answer asap if you all can please Topic

MikeT, I respect you as an owner, you are very good at this game and have my total respect in those regards. But you have no clue what you are talking about with under the table deals and secret buddies. Here is a little advice for you. Don't talk about something you don't have any facts about. Believing Gino in anything he says is your first mistake. Then jumping on the bandwagon to bash someone or an entire league because it is fun and gives you a chance to add to your post totals and see your words on a screen is pretty pathetic as well.

but blast away, because I know you will. You simply can't resist the chance to mouth off and be yourself.
7/24/2013 10:13 AM
In summation:

The Big Sky is a tard world that does not like an owner, who is a jackass. It has super secret meetings and sees the commish make multiple trades over multiple seasons with someone he "works with in real life". It also has an owner who has won 5 straight division championships, but also thinks that all of his minor league players should start at 100 durability because otherwise its just too hard and not realistic to manage his minor league teams. Said owner also thinks it is childish to post on the forums, but not childish to have played over 8,000 games of simulated baseball.

You will be fighting off new owners with a stick soon.
7/24/2013 10:22 AM (edited)
This has been awesome to read.  Saying this as a complete outsider, I don't know anyone in this world.  But it seems like everyone's done something somewhere between completely to marginally horrible, and outing each other publicly, and outing themselves in some cases.  It's like watching the McCourt divorce.

7/24/2013 10:50 AM
Posted by sabres2661 on 7/24/2013 10:05:00 AM (view original):
I love how a 14 year old throws out advice constantly in the forums on this game for your information I have 1 World Series in the Big Sky while losing four straight World Series. Next time spend the time and look how I won rather than just trying to get in a dig. My 6 ws have come in 4 different worlds.
Why would I care where or how you won a WS?    Please give us details on how you won each one.
7/24/2013 11:07 AM
Posted by usfbully on 7/24/2013 10:22:00 AM (view original):
In summation:

The Big Sky is a tard world that does not like an owner, who is a jackass. It has super secret meetings and sees the commish make multiple trades over multiple seasons with someone he "works with in real life". It also has an owner who has won 5 straight division championships, but also thinks that all of his minor league players should start at 100 durability because otherwise its just too hard and not realistic to manage his minor league teams. Said owner also thinks it is childish to post on the forums, but not childish to have played over 8,000 games of simulated baseball.

I'm shocked that there isnt a thread with a biggest Tard World Poll.. That would be entertaining.. 
7/24/2013 3:45 PM
Very entertaining! I have come away with a few things from this read:
1- Sabres is stupid for his DUR comments
2- Gino is awesomely incendiary (I mean who takes a shot at another guys recently fallen parent?). But that is weak sauce. No one likes a mean guy. 
3- I don't think I trust anything that any of the people backing mlownds are saying
3a- Come to think of it, they are probably all mlownds' aliases, or at least close friends (Seriously- their posts have almost the exact same verbiage)
4- BSA, because of all the above facts ('facts'? whoa, someone just got very superlative!), is a full fledged tard world.
4a- I nominate it for the next TWC (can I be in?). 
5- I am growing increasingly fond of MikeT's comments: hilarious and informative, with a dash of dickslap... I love it!

You'll notice that some of my comments may not fully grasp the notions of which they revolve around, and for that I ask you to bear with me... I am still a noobie here!
7/25/2013 10:54 AM
It's a well-established fact that I'm awesome.    Surprised it took you 7 weeks to realize it.
7/25/2013 11:00 AM
When I go to the gym I sweat so much awesome that the less awesome people(which is obviously everyone) follow me around and collect my sweat in order to drink it.

The most interesting man in the world hangs on MY every word.
7/25/2013 11:03 AM
Is it opposite day again?
7/25/2013 11:07 AM
Great new world idea --- Most corrupt league.  Any takers?
7/25/2013 11:09 AM
Posted by a_ersberg on 7/25/2013 11:09:00 AM (view original):
Great new world idea --- Most corrupt league.  Any takers?
Not to get too side tracked but nothing will beat the old Foxx world.
7/25/2013 11:10 AM
Posted by willsauve on 7/24/2013 3:46:00 PM (view original):
In summation:

I'm shocked that there isnt a thread with a biggest Tard World Poll.. That would be entertaining.. 
I can help.
7/25/2013 1:21 PM
As an original owner in the BSA, there's very little in this forum that seems to grasp what is going on in this world.  We have a core group of owners who were original owners.  Many of us also played together in GD.  We're not buddies, we're not friends, we've just played against one another on WIS for a long time.  So we're probably a little more personal than some worlds (which makes as many guys not like each other as like each other).  It is also typically the favorite world of those said owners and the one they world invite their friends to play in.  Which makes those owners even more protective of this world.  So when some of those owners start threatening to leave because of one guy, it leaves it in the hands of the commissioner to do something.  Instead of making a decision on his own, he asked the veteran owners in the world for their input.  This is the sitemail I got from Mike:

Hello Gentlemen,

I have chosen all of your as our veterans in this league. First off, let me say that while I started to make this list I was amazed at how many amazing long term owners we have and I proud to have played this game with you for so long.

The issue of ginobili is what we need to discuss. His attacks have been out of control this season. He has attacked me personally, but I let that one slide. His attack on Glen was completely uncalled for and offensive to me, let alone how I know Glen felt. I have spoken with him in the past about controlling his outbursts in the chat and how he can be offensive. He does not seem to care. If it were up to me I would ask him not to return at the end of the season. But I don't want this to be about me.

That is why I am sending this to all of you. I want you to vote on if we should allow ginobili to return to the league next season.

You should also know that the result of this vote could lead to others not returning should he stay. I ask you to take the health of the league into consideration when you send in your vote.

If you have anything to say to the group, please reply all to this sitemail and we can keep an open discussion. But please, take this vote seriously and let me know your thoughts.

Thank you"

From my perspective as a long time player of all WIS games, my thoughts are:

- This isn't how mlownds should have handled this.  While we have asked the long term owners for input in matters before, we have never voted an owner out.  In my memory, we have only kicked out one owner and that was for blatant tanking.  This was unprecedented so he did what he thought was best, but clearly there is a better way.

- You can't actual fight fire with fire in spite of the old saying.  If you kick someone out for being inflammatory, guess what they are going to do when you kick them out? If anyone is surprised this is the result, they weren't paying attention to what Gino was doing all along.

- Gino crossed a lot of lines.  He crossed lines even when the commissioner asked him to stop.  It's not like Gino didn't get warnings, so he also should not be surprised that a league that keeps warning him would eventually respond in some way.

- I'm the one who suggested probation.  Gino is a good owner and I for one am not confident his replacement would be.  But if the league has tired of him, publically draw the line in the sand and let everyone know what is going to happen.

- Gino is not the only one who should have been disciplined if that was the decision.  I also raised the point that someone was leaving our world because of the owner Gino insulted and that he should be up for the same vote if we're being fair.  You can't have a rule and not apply it to everyone.

- Finally, mlownds is too nice and took this too personally.  That's the core of this "problem".  He doesn't want to discipline and definetly is not going to do it of his own volition.  He was offended by Gino's collusion comments, which were absurd as Mike didn't even get the better end of most of those deals, and so that caused him to take this too personally.  Another dust up with another owner had him sensitive and worried that the league was going to really be hurt by this and he was trying to prevent that.  He had good intentions and just handled some of it wrongly.  But to diminish his job as commish overall is short sighted.  This is a very good world.  It's why Gino wants to stay in even  when some of them want him out and why he returned to it in the first place.  It is why the others want him out because they fear he might scare away other owners.  It is why after all this drama and the talk of how bad some of you with no experience in the world think that it is, that there are only 2 openings at rollover and I think we'll be down to one soon enough.  Only one first year owner who inherited a bad team will leave after all of that.  Some of you might say that's because we're all idiots and that's fine, you're obviously entitled to your opinion.  But the truth is that those who are apart of the world know that is a great world with great owners that had a childish internet fight get very personal and the commish didn't handle it in the best way.
7/25/2013 3:43 PM
I think commenting on the death of a relative is f'd up.. I also think that the dude opened the door to some f'd up comments when he started talking trash about Gino's failed marriage.. Which if I was reading correctly was a private communication between Gino and the commish.. 

7/25/2013 4:05 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/25/2013 1:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by willsauve on 7/24/2013 3:46:00 PM (view original):
In summation:

I can help.
Do it!!!
7/25/2013 4:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
I need an answer asap if you all can please Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.