Playing a lefty at 2b Topic

Has anyone done this? Was it a fielding disaster? I tried searching forum but couldn't find anything on the topic. The position is never recommended for a lefty throwing position player in the roster. I couldn't find fielding stats on any lefties at those positions either.
7/26/2013 2:26 PM
Lefties can't play third, short or second.  Real life, nor HBD.  It is a disaster.   A lefty at first is fine.
7/26/2013 2:30 PM
"I tried searching forum but couldn't find anything on the topic."

haha

Yea, don't do it.  Lots and lots of minus plays.
7/26/2013 2:36 PM
Posted by roundfrog on 7/26/2013 2:26:00 PM (view original):
Has anyone done this? Was it a fielding disaster? I tried searching forum but couldn't find anything on the topic. The position is never recommended for a lefty throwing position player in the roster. I couldn't find fielding stats on any lefties at those positions either.
You must have done something wrong as this topic has been discussed a few times before.

I wouldn't do it if I was trying to win games.
7/26/2013 2:46 PM
Try searching your world's data base for single season career leaders, 2B, minus plays and errors.
7/26/2013 11:48 PM
Thanks for the responses.
7/27/2013 11:18 AM
Its actually to the second baseman's advantage to be lefty. He just has to contort his body as he slings across the base. I have footage of it somewhere let me go find it.
7/27/2013 11:22 AM
I'd like to see this.  I've coached left handed infielders in little league and that's about as far they'll make it before moving to OF/1B/P.  It's just too difficult for lefties to move around the base on tag and pivot plays.

In LL, the LH players I'm referring to could play infield because they were much better fielders than some of their RH counterparts on the team.  So advantage at the time outweighed disadvantages of throwing LH.  Once they got older the competition is tighter and RH take over. 

I do think a LH catcher could work though.

7/27/2013 2:05 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Yeah I know, I think Benny Distefano was the the last with the Pirates, I believe.

Referring to baseball in general not HBD,  I am saying it would be more practical for a LH to play C than 2B, SS, or 3B.

7/27/2013 2:57 PM
Playing a lefty at 2b Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.