MikeT likes to brag about his beloved worlds. His latest argument is I play in tard worlds, and cant handle the competition of Coop because I chose to leave that team. I decided to compare For Life, the world I play in, and Coop, to see how comparable they are in terms of Super Squads and Super Tankers.

For Life   Coop
  100 win 100 loss   100 win 100 loss
Total # 9 8   56 51
Per Season 1 0.888889   2.153846 1.961538

Coop averages literally double the amount of super squads, and super tankers.

They have also seen 20 teams win over 105 games and 20 teams lose over 105 games. So about 75% of the time you will see a team with a 105+ win record, AND a 105+ loss record

Compare that to For Life, where 4 teams in 9 seasons have won 105+, and 3 teams have lost 105 +. Or, 40% of the time you will see a super team, and 33% of the time you will see a super tanker. 

For the record, I think Coop is a competitive world, and one of the better ones out there. But statistically speaken Mike's argument of I play in a Tard world seems to be invalid.

8/30/2013 3:15 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by willsauve on 8/30/2013 3:40:00 PM (view original):
ForLife only utilizes a small portion of the options that people pay for on this game.. No Trades, No open free agency, No R5 draft. Becasue of this you have a limited number of interested owners and probably wait much longer periods to fill. .  How can you honestly state that that world is better than any other world on this site?  

Only way to get better in that world is to tank to get low picks or  to dump lots of $$ into IFA market.. I would guess that any team that opens up will be a team that has been neglected and has had a few different owners mismanage it which would likely limit the ability to make a splash in IFA due to higher than average team payrolls and they have to wait 3 seasons to lower their even more useless ADV Scouting budget..   Only time a good well managed team will open up is when a good owner gets tired of waiting to fill..
We have 3 openings a roll and wait 5 days at most.

That is not the only way. One of them is to draft depth 24-32.

Everyone has money to drop because you can resign players for cheap.

Just because you couldn't handle the twist doesn't mean the world is not competitive.

EDIT:

And, by the way, your (flawed) argument would indicate exact opposite of what the stats show. If you have to tank to win we should be seeing MORE 100 win and 100 loss teams. Instead there is parity as every can compete, making it an extremely challenging world to play in.
8/30/2013 4:07 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/30/2013 3:47:00 PM (view original):
I have no idea if FL is a good or bad world.    This "issue" began because USFB said you can't get good players in the bottom half of the first round.    I showed him a player I got at 31 with an average of 500 PA per season over 4 seasons and an OPS over .900.   He called the guy a "role player", I called USFB a "retard".  Then he went on to say my record of one WS win every 24 seasons is horrible then I pointed out that level of competition matters and his record in the only world we've shared was sub-par.   This wasn't enough to shut him up so I said something along the lines of "Enjoy your 'tard worlds".    And he hasn't stopped crying.
When you hunt down facts its normal, but when I do it you are under my skin and crying...right?

Face it Mike, your precious Coop is not as elite as you think it is. You are a wealth of knowledge at this game, but you cant produce results for yourself. You are like a teacher. You can guide people to be succesful in this game but you will never be a great owner.

I would be bitter too.
8/30/2013 3:56 PM
This will be my one off topic post in this thread.

I never said you could not get good players. You assumed role player was not good player. Here is my exact quote. Any response to this will be redlined as off topic:

" The best I can hope for at that level of the draft is an ML role player. Even with scouting that low I usually have 10 guys that will fit that mold, so I get one of my top "picks", for where I am drafting. These guys are LRA type players, or super defensive SS. Guys that won't make the AS team but round out your squad's depth. I then make sure I get at least one impact player out of the IFA. It isnt always the best player, but it needs to be a SP 2 or better, or a good hitter (4-5-6 type guy) that can field."

8/30/2013 3:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/30/2013 4:05:00 PM (view original):
And, when you feel up to stepping up your game, let me know.   I might let you join one of my worlds.   
Thanks for the offer. Your worlds would be the type I would look to get into, as like FL they are challenging and filled with good owners. Lucky for you I am fine with my 1 team, and wont be increasing my 20-10 h2h record anytime soon.
8/30/2013 4:09 PM
Posted by usfbully on 8/30/2013 4:07:00 PM (view original):
ForLife only utilizes a small portion of the options that people pay for on this game.. No Trades, No open free agency, No R5 draft. Becasue of this you have a limited number of interested owners and probably wait much longer periods to fill. .  How can you honestly state that that world is better than any other world on this site?  

Only way to get better in that world is to tank to get low picks or  to dump lots of $$ into IFA market.. I would guess that any team that opens up will be a team that has been neglected and has had a few different owners mismanage it which would likely limit the ability to make a splash in IFA due to higher than average team payrolls and they have to wait 3 seasons to lower their even more useless ADV Scouting budget..   Only time a good well managed team will open up is when a good owner gets tired of waiting to fill..

Just because you couldn't handle the twist doesn't mean the world is not competitive.

EDIT:

And, by the way, your (flawed) argument would indicate exact opposite of what the stats show. If you have to tank to win we should be seeing MORE 100 win and 100 loss teams. Instead there is parity as every can compete, making it an extremely challenging world to play in.
Not that I couldnt handle the twist.. If I remember correctly the world was started by a whiny a*shole (pstrnutbag) who was a dick  to anyone who asked for rule clarification he then suddenly threw a temper tantrum and pulled a Jerry Mcquire trying to convince people to leave WIS altogether..  There was so much whiny drama the 1st few seasons as far as rule changes and clarifications.. I think one of the dudes that helped start the world said he had cancer and had to cut back, he left and then joined other worlds a few weeks later..  It was just too much headache for me for how boring of a world it was... 
8/30/2013 4:34 PM
Posted by willsauve on 8/30/2013 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by usfbully on 8/30/2013 4:07:00 PM (view original):

EDIT:

Not that I couldnt handle the twist.. If I remember correctly the world was started by a whiny a*shole (pstrnutbag) who was a dick  to anyone who asked for rule clarification he then suddenly threw a temper tantrum and pulled a Jerry Mcquire trying to convince people to leave WIS altogether..  There was so much whiny drama the 1st few seasons as far as rule changes and clarifications.. I think one of the dudes that helped start the world said he had cancer and had to cut back, he left and then joined other worlds a few weeks later..  It was just too much headache for me for how boring of a world it was... 
Sounds like it wasn't for you. Fair enough. We are 9 seasons in and the stats show that it is very competitive. Almost every team (27) has made the playoffs, there have been 7 different champs. Only two teams average 90+ wins. I could go on, but it sounds like your personal vendetta against a few owners, and your inability to win in the world, will outweigh any fact I throw out.
8/30/2013 6:36 PM
Posted by usfbully on 8/30/2013 4:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/30/2013 4:05:00 PM (view original):
And, when you feel up to stepping up your game, let me know.   I might let you join one of my worlds.   
Thanks for the offer. Your worlds would be the type I would look to get into, as like FL they are challenging and filled with good owners. Lucky for you I am fine with my 1 team, and wont be increasing my 20-10 h2h record anytime soon.
I said "might".  Thin-skinned girly-men don't do well.   You're not one of those are you?
8/30/2013 7:17 PM
Seems like he is, with his redlines.
8/30/2013 7:20 PM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.