LT Contract after Arbing Topic

Posted by gdmetz on 10/2/2013 12:10:00 PM (view original):
"He will get paid 343K or whatever the next 10% raise is for the player in question, however the following season he will revert back to AAA salary."

Does this assume he's off the 40 man roster during rollover?  More specifically does anyone not on the 40 man just renew for whatever level they're at, ie if I have a player making 343k in AAA not on the 40 man will he renew for the AAA salary?
If he's not on the 40 and has enough service time, he'll be a FA.
10/2/2013 12:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/2/2013 12:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gdmetz on 10/2/2013 12:10:00 PM (view original):
"He will get paid 343K or whatever the next 10% raise is for the player in question, however the following season he will revert back to AAA salary."

Does this assume he's off the 40 man roster during rollover?  More specifically does anyone not on the 40 man just renew for whatever level they're at, ie if I have a player making 343k in AAA not on the 40 man will he renew for the AAA salary?
If he's not on the 40 and has enough service time, he'll be a FA.
Mike is correct.

I'm fairly certain it's really as simple as "what level is he at during rollover"?

Now if you demote a guy before season's end and he begins the next season in AAA @ 62K or whatever, but then you end up calling him back up to the BL, he will get paid whatever his last BL salary was plus a 10% raise.

10/2/2013 2:13 PM
This is my first season so forgive me for another question.  I had guys in AAA at the start of this season renewed at big league salary.  This is b/c they were on the 40 man during rollover, correct?  If they're not on the 40 man and have less than 6 years service then they'll renew at whatever level they're at?
10/2/2013 2:30 PM
More likely what Mike alluded to concerning the need to be a full year removed from BL service...
10/2/2013 3:10 PM
So just to clarify, once you put a guy on the BL roster, if you intend to keep him at any level (regardless of whether you demote during the playoffs or before rollover) he will renew at a BL salary? Essentially if I have a guy in the bigs now, but I want to put him back in the minors next season, but don't want to pay him a BL season, my only option is to release them right? Thanks
10/10/2013 10:22 AM
Bump. Thanks. Just want to make sure I don't have automatically renew a bunch of guys at $327k+ this upcoming year (world is still in MLB playoffs). Thanks.
10/15/2013 2:33 PM
If he's on your 40 man, and not eligible for arbitration next year, he will make a minor league salary if you send him down during the playoffs.
10/15/2013 3:22 PM
If you demote a player during the playoffs and keep him on the 40, he will be paid the minor league salary the following season. He will then remain at a minor league salary every season, plus a minor raise each season(usually $1-2K), until you call him back up to the bigs. Example is Tony Marmol, a decent 5th starter who I have used in the bigs when necessary.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Tony Marmol
10/15/2013 3:22 PM
◂ Prev 12
LT Contract after Arbing Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.