Joey Belle Draft League... Topic

So I was going to join this new world where we ere going to draft the players....instead of waiting as we have for several months for this to be worked out in a way it will work with Admin, the "fearless leader" now wants everyone to create aliases and god knows what.

Anyone that is in this nonsense, I am OUT.

If a commish that actually wants this to work in the right way is ever interested in doing one, please let me know.

I wait months and suddenly he opens the ;league up to anyone....nice job eeydiot...

mchalesarmy
To:
csherwood
Received:
11/8/2013 3:15:00 PM
Subject:
draft tourney invite
Due to an unexpected glitch we have possibly acquired a world.

Joey Belle has reappeared on the open worlds page and we are trying to fill it ASAP, feeling WIS would be hard pressed to close it after it is full and going.

The caveat is, unfortunately as a public world we lose the ability to draft BEFORE THIS season, and consequently, this will be a wasted season (Doesn't count towards the tourney).

Several of us have joined with alias accounts to have only spent $5 instaed of $25 for a wasted season...

Several of you had already been selected and put alot of effort into this, unfortunately with this circumstance I am going to just open it up to a first come first served, and hope we can get full ASAP. Those who miss out will be afforded an opportunity in the 2nd installment.

We have been begging WIS for over three months for a world, and they have denied our request repeatedly, so I feel this opportunity necessitates this drastic change of plans.

Anyone who has NOT yet been involved with the draft tourney needs to check a special off site forum which explains all of the details and rules.

You will find the rules and overview of everything on the bottom half of this page.:

http://drafttourney.freeforums.net/board/1/draft-board

I encourage everyone who is interested and decides to join to read over most everything posted in that forum.

Good Luck getting a spot, and Thanks for your time.
11/8/2013 3:21 PM
UPDATE THE DAMN WORLD SERIES WINNER LIST!
11/8/2013 3:56 PM
not until you win a legitimate championship
11/8/2013 5:07 PM
Is this where the sour grapes are being sold?
11/8/2013 5:09 PM
McHale has put a ton of time and effort into this. Can't blame him for wanting to jump on this opportunity. Your post is both uncalled for and unnecessary. If you want out, fine. Don't see the reasoning for posting in the forum. What are you hoping to gain?
11/8/2013 5:41 PM
This dude is a documented douche     
11/8/2013 6:19 PM
Wow, Cwood done something questionable things before (like start a "who's got more world series rings than me" thread) but this is simply bad form.  If you don't like something you can leave without trying to burn the place down on your way out. 
11/8/2013 7:50 PM
Dick move, pure and simple.
11/8/2013 8:05 PM
I rarely comment on things like this as I can do without the drama, but that was one of the most chicken schit moves I've ever seen on this site in almost 9 years. It is beyond classless and IMO should destroy his personal integrity indefinitely. The analogy of going home and taking your ball with you doesn't even do this justice. I will stop there but believe me it is taking a lot of restraint.
11/8/2013 8:11 PM
Blacklisted, definitely.
11/8/2013 8:19 PM

Well, he could send a ticket saying "Hey, Joey Belle is open again!!  Look what they're doing!!   WTF?!?!?!"    Of course, he may have already done that.

That.said, I'm not sure how he was "harmed".    If nothing else, I wish he'd come back and tell us.

11/8/2013 8:26 PM
It's no secret... the guy he's trying to slam has been sending tickets to get the world switched back to private and get himself installed as commish.  There's no way Admin doesn't know what's going on.

It's the lack of control since it's still public that is the potential issue.  There are literally dozens of people who can replace him, so his departure doesn't matter, and I can't totally fault him if he feels this is a little underhanded, but it's the manner in which one does things that can burn bridges.
11/8/2013 8:37 PM
I think you overestimate low level support.  

Nonetheless, I still don't understand how he's been shafted.    "I've been WAITING!!!"   I wait for stuff every damn day.
11/8/2013 8:46 PM
Say what you want...we have been trying for months to get this going and without asking anyone else that he recruited for the world, despite myself and others waiting for it to get going the way mchale wanted, he suddenly...without warning to anyone..opens the world up to anyone and everyone.  So yea I am ****** cos mchale pulled a total d*** move.  We have an entire forum dedicated to the league and he could have proposed this there first.  I was just sitemailing him this morning that I was going to be submitting tickets and seeing what else could be done to get it rolling...

and so what about this post?  I just copied the sitemail he sent out to half of HBD inviting them to take the spots in the world that a select group of 32 owners had already been chosen for.

11/8/2013 8:48 PM
There are 11 openings.   So how have you been damaged?
11/8/2013 8:49 PM
123 Next ▸
Joey Belle Draft League... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.