Abitration/Long-term bug Topic

Yeah, can't help you.
1/30/2014 1:32 PM
hmmm
1/30/2014 2:25 PM
So, to be clear, if you're doing this after arb2, you aren't gaining extra seasons versus waiting until next season, and skipping arb3. You're just getting those years at a discount?
1/31/2014 1:25 AM
That's what I did.   I imagine it works with arb3 but haven't tested it yet.  hineii says some refuse to sign.   I have my doubts on that because it's a bug and I don't think bugs "catch" themselves.
1/31/2014 7:36 AM
1/31/2014 7:40 AM
Posted by brianp87 on 1/30/2014 11:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by hineiii on 1/29/2014 10:38:00 PM (view original):
be careful with this, if you try it (and I have) players can and will not sign long term. so if you are in year 3 and attempt to go 6 years you might be SOL and to the free agent list he goes. another note Admin knows about this as I submitted a ticket a long time ago
You have actually had a guy reject the long term after doing the 3rd arb. Was the long term offer tried right away or a cycle later?
Just as outlined, Arb the 3rd time... returns you to same page then went to do long term and said he was going to be a free agent.
1/31/2014 10:54 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/31/2014 7:36:00 AM (view original):
That's what I did.   I imagine it works with arb3 but haven't tested it yet.  hineii says some refuse to sign.   I have my doubts on that because it's a bug and I don't think bugs "catch" themselves.
doubt all you want.... it happened
1/31/2014 10:55 AM
The bug is being able to offer the contract.  Guys who have only been arb'd twice will always accept a long-term contract, you just usually can't offer until the next season.   So we don't know that the bug actually impacts their willingness to sign.
1/31/2014 11:11 AM
Posted by hineiii on 1/31/2014 10:55:00 AM (view original):
doubt all you want.... it happened
I'm not calling you a stinking liar.   I'm just saying there might have been other factors.   Maybe you got busy with something else and came back 45 minutes later after a cycle had completed.   Maybe you didn't offer the exact per year amount they wanted.   Could be any number of things. 
1/31/2014 12:35 PM
Using Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Ralph Parnell as the example, I'm sure he'd be Type A.   His yellow ratings indicate he'd try FA.   Yet he signed. 
1/31/2014 12:37 PM
Nope, I did it just as I stated, no waiting, no leaving the page. In fact it wont work if you leave the page as once he is arb'd he drops off the list. You have to arb' and clink the long term link once you are returned to the arb player page not arb player list page. It was just like I have done with other 3rd year arb players who did sign the long term deal. This time he said going to free agency. Take it for what its worth, a warning from my experience. I lost a player that I could have signed long term the season before. If you do it 100 times and the players sign 100 times. Great, but if you do it 101 times and he doen't sign thats the chance you take. Thats why I said to be careful.
1/31/2014 1:10 PM
Obviously I haven't tried it after the 3rd arb.  I'd have loved to have kept Powell an extra year.    I do find it odd that Parnell signed.   Any chance you remember a player that refused?   I'd like to compare his ratings to Parnell's.
1/31/2014 1:20 PM
Im interested also.
1/31/2014 1:41 PM
I posted this last month. http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=473579. As noted it was a screw up. It works even if you leave the page as can  be noted in my case I was gone for several hours. All UI can say it worked in my case and as usual mike knew all about it even back then.
1/31/2014 3:43 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/31/2014 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Obviously I haven't tried it after the 3rd arb.  I'd have loved to have kept Powell an extra year.    I do find it odd that Parnell signed.   Any chance you remember a player that refused?   I'd like to compare his ratings to Parnell's.
let me see what I can dig up tonight, have to go through some old excel files to find him, but I should be able to produce his player card.
1/31/2014 3:56 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Abitration/Long-term bug Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.