What is makeup and when does it matter? I was just reading a thread that was talking about set-up guys versus closers and who should pay which position. They were mentioning the makeup rating a lot. I have honestly never really looked at makeup at all. I am new to HBD but i had no idea it mattered and I am trying to figure out what it is for.
3/1/2014 6:35 PM

From the Help page for player ratings:

Makeup is similar to work ethic and plays a key role in a player's ability to improve and hold off decline.

3/1/2014 6:53 PM
It basically influences player development and player decline.
3/1/2014 6:54 PM
And is used by a "plain" women to look like a fox even before closing time.
3/2/2014 4:51 AM
Posted by unclepaul on 3/1/2014 6:35:00 PM (view original):
What is makeup and when does it matter? I was just reading a thread that was talking about set-up guys versus closers and who should pay which position. They were mentioning the makeup rating a lot. I have honestly never really looked at makeup at all. I am new to HBD but i had no idea it mattered and I am trying to figure out what it is for.
As a side note no one has ever presented any evidence that makeup influences in game performance and most of us do not think it does. When someone floats a theory like that it does more harm than good.
3/2/2014 12:43 PM
Posted by crickett13 on 3/2/2014 12:43:00 PM (view original):
As a side note no one has ever presented any evidence that makeup influences in game performance and most of us do not think it does. When someone floats a theory like that it does more harm than good.
And developer chats have confirmed that makeup isn't used in gameplay for added effectiveness in "pressure" situations.
3/2/2014 1:55 PM
You have the second best alias behind my old ronnieb tag.
3/2/2014 8:19 PM
Posted by zbrent716 on 3/2/2014 1:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crickett13 on 3/2/2014 12:43:00 PM (view original):
And developer chats have confirmed that makeup isn't used in gameplay for added effectiveness in "pressure" situations.
Developer chats? I remember those.
3/3/2014 1:07 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.