Relatively new worlds Topic

Obviously, I haven't been paying as much attention to these type of developments as I used to but I just noticed that 5-6 new worlds were created about 4 months ago.  Of course, I discovered this when trying to figure out why, suddenly, my worlds took a much longer time to fill than normal.  (In my defense, we have had a new baby at home)  

So my question is how the hell did that get authorized again?!  What was the story with these new worlds?

And, as would be expected, worlds (good, solid, no drama) are now having a real hard time filling.  We go through the same cycle every two years it seems.

STOP MAKING NEW WORLDS, MORONS!
3/15/2014 10:30 AM
I think they are the results of merging under performing worlds that couldn't fill.
3/15/2014 10:47 AM
Yep.  They're actually a good thing.
3/15/2014 11:52 AM
As usual when John Doe's world doesn't fill as fast as they'd like it's always WIS's fault and never the world's fault...
3/15/2014 12:40 PM
hey hutch those worlds came about from some hard work of dedicated owners merging about 5-6 other worlds that weren't filling.  Kinda like your world that isn't filling, you know the good solid, no drama world, but for some reason has owners fleeing and leaving openings behind.  those ones.
3/15/2014 1:34 PM
10 worlds were merged into 6.
3/15/2014 1:43 PM
First, I appreciate the update.  My original ire was directly solely at WifS.  I apologize if I upset those of you that had to go through a world merger.

I am happy that the world mergers were successful but I am sorry that it was necessary to do.  That sucks.  I know how difficult those transitions can be.  Like I said, I have not been around much at all.  After 'my' worlds filled, I was curious as to why it took a little longer than usual.   This is when I discovered what looked like to me to be a bunch of new worlds.

Since I was mostly checked out of the forums for last year or so (again new baby), I figured that WifS once again allowed new worlds to emerge and effectively drain the owner pool.  And there is precedent for this.  Two years or so ago, they let a bunch of new worlds get started and we ran into problems.  I figured they got greedy and did it again.  In some ways, I wish that was the case.  The reality does not bode well for the future (systematic decline in owner base).
3/15/2014 4:09 PM
Posted by mlhutch on 3/15/2014 4:09:00 PM (view original):
First, I appreciate the update.  My original ire was directly solely at WifS.  I apologize if I upset those of you that had to go through a world merger.

I am happy that the world mergers were successful but I am sorry that it was necessary to do.  That sucks.  I know how difficult those transitions can be.  Like I said, I have not been around much at all.  After 'my' worlds filled, I was curious as to why it took a little longer than usual.   This is when I discovered what looked like to me to be a bunch of new worlds.

Since I was mostly checked out of the forums for last year or so (again new baby), I figured that WifS once again allowed new worlds to emerge and effectively drain the owner pool.  And there is precedent for this.  Two years or so ago, they let a bunch of new worlds get started and we ran into problems.  I figured they got greedy and did it again.  In some ways, I wish that was the case.  The reality does not bode well for the future (systematic decline in owner base).
You play on my team

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=4968602
3/17/2014 7:34 PM
lol +1 mezirah
3/17/2014 9:47 PM
Damn Hutch you got game
3/17/2014 10:34 PM
Posted by mezirah on 3/17/2014 7:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mlhutch on 3/15/2014 4:09:00 PM (view original):

You play on my team

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=4968602
Nice.

Relatedly, the 'owner' of my Arizona franchise is actually my name in real life with a couple of minor spelling differences.  So weird to get the start of the season messages from my fake digital doppleganger.
3/18/2014 1:04 PM
My team's 'owner' is named Willie Palmer. Too bad he doesn't have a player card we can laugh at.

3/18/2014 2:20 PM
Relatively new worlds Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.