A new kind of anti-tanking rule. Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by jb01 on 4/16/2014 10:10:00 PM (view original):
And if they refuse? Or say they will but don't?
That's when they get the boot.
4/16/2014 11:48 PM
Posted by jb01 on 4/16/2014 10:10:00 PM (view original):
And if they refuse? Or say they will but don't?
Its written into the private rules. If they don't (which hasn't happened yet. We've had 3 forfeits so far) they are removed from the league.
4/17/2014 12:54 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/16/2014 10:42:00 PM (view original):
10 seconds to think of a loophole.
0 college, 0 high school, 20 IFA, 20 prospect. 

I'll lose as many as I want, draft your crappy high schooler and sign big money IFA. 
I suppose.

But you could also field a mildly competitive team, hit the MWR and get a high draft pick and still have some money for a good IFA. Two prospects instead of one. In practice, the rule has given incentive to hit the MWR and only negatives to missing it.

So far, the rule has worked beautifully. The guys who have missed the MWR were obviously ready for a high pick and couldn't just drop to 0 in College and HS, due to the $4M per season budgetary constraints.
4/17/2014 12:58 AM

Just saying it has no teeth if I had no problem punting the draft.    Some owners do it anyway.  In the scenario I put forth, the rule would not deter me from running a 15m payroll and transferring a ton to prospect.   Maybe I win, maybe I lose but, either way, I'm not worried about the rule

4/17/2014 7:02 AM
I would love it if the other 31 owners in any of my worlds went 0-0-20 on COL-HS-IFA scouting.

I'd go 20-20-0 and become the king of the pond in just a couple of seasons.

4/17/2014 7:13 AM
1234 Next ▸
A new kind of anti-tanking rule. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.