World Rules for Minor Leagues Topic

I was just wondering which worlds had guidelines for minor league systems. What are the rules?
7/13/2014 11:02 AM
The Big Hurt has a minor league MWR, basic roster requirements, and there is a warning system in place for excessive fatigue (using players in the red on a regular basis), with three warnings in one season resulting in removal.
7/13/2014 8:03 PM
Minor league systems must be taken care of to a minimum of fielding a full lineup and maintaining enough pitchers to not run 0(0). If said occurrences happen owner has a week to get system back into serviceable shape. This is to prevent people from stockpiling budget by leaving minors empty. 
7/13/2014 10:01 PM
The "problem" with minor league rules is twofold.   1)  Someone has to check them.  In my experience, the only time neglect is noticed is when someone say "Fargo, all your Low A pitchers are 0(0)".   2) With so many worlds having trouble filling, do you want to boot someone for fielding a crappy LoA team?
7/14/2014 8:06 AM
Different strokes for different folks Mike. I prefer worlds where here is some minimal effort to maintain the minors. Some don't care. Whatever works for you.

In Satchel Paige we have a MILB MWR of 25%, and pitcher can't be toast at 0(0) though usually the 25% MWR takes care of the 0(0) thing. I check three times per season 40 game, 80 games and 120 games and give a heads up if somebody is close.
7/14/2014 1:42 PM

I wasn't attempting to discourage a commish from putting something in place.   I've had them in my worlds.   But my point was that it's a bit of a pain in the *** to enforce and I'm not sure there are a lot worlds out there that would want to boot an owner over his 0(0) pitching staff in LoA.    And, for the record, a TC pitcher at 100% performs almost identical to his 0(0) cousin.    

7/14/2014 2:06 PM
True enough about the TC pitcher... and about the enforcement. Fortunately enough for me we simply have had everyone abiding by the rule in SP. Haven't had to kick anyone in about 14 seasons for it. 
7/14/2014 4:34 PM
After seeing people recently refuse to field minor league lineups to 'maximise' their ML budget, I do believe that just a basic rule is necessary.  And I don't go looking for it, if someone says there's a problem I look into it and get it fixed.
7/19/2014 3:31 PM
World Rules for Minor Leagues Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.