Picking a CIty/Stadium Topic

Thank you. And may I get on my soap box for a minute, we have all seen how long it takes for these world's to fill (and sometimes they do not and have to merge) and new users come and go the very next season. If for nothing more than the benefit of HBD, when a newbie ask a question try to make them feel welcome and help them out not attack them. I am in the wine and spirits industry and one of the top reasons that long running bars eventually fail are the regulars... they have a tendency to push new customers out with their 'I'm better/smarter than you' mentality making others feel unwelcome. You can tell me to go blank myself but it's just my opinion and what I've seen in life... take it or leave it.
7/27/2014 3:58 PM
It's all in the presentation of your question and your actions prior to asking.    Quite honestly, I think I was very polite in my first response.  You immediately became defensive and insulting.    Maybe take a note from your own book on how to interact with people.   Take that or leave it. 
7/27/2014 4:23 PM
Lmao
7/27/2014 4:26 PM
And, yeah, there have been dozens, if not hundreds, of "LOOK AT ME!!!  I WON A WS!!!" threads since the creation of HBD.   Almost all of them were formed in the way of a question.   "How many people have....?" or "Has anyone ever.....?"     I don't think anyone has a problem with it but you're likely to get mocked a little for doing it.
7/27/2014 4:27 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/26/2014 2:24:00 PM (view original):
Since you switched to Burlington before you created this thread aren't you mostly just announcing you won a WS?
I'll break it down for you.

1.  You switched cities.
2.  You started a thread asking if you should switch cities.  
(Surely you recognize that the process seems backwards)
3.  I pointed out that you'd already switched cities before you asked.
(Nothing inaccurate there, right?)
4.  I had a follow-up question pertaining to your first post.
5.  You became defensive and called me a troll.
7/27/2014 4:33 PM
You admitted to mocking me then said I became defensive??? Wow... I explained why I switched before posting, I can't read for you MikeT... I will not comment further, my intention was never to pump myself up and I think it says more about you than it does me that you took it that way... but in all sincerity thank you for your help, it was very good advice (that I've taken)... I just wish it could have been smoother getting it out of you. Best of luck maybe we will meet up in a world one day.
7/27/2014 5:06 PM (edited)
I asked a question.  If the premise of said question had no truth in it, you wouldn't still be yapping about it. 
7/27/2014 5:36 PM
7/27/2014 6:33 PM
7/27/2014 7:09 PM
Keep on Trucking and Trolling MikeT!
7/27/2014 8:27 PM
7/28/2014 8:47 AM
This had the feel of a junior high schoolyard fight. Guys, guys, come on!

From the outside looking in, I will admit I found it quite odd that somebody who just won the world series would be asking a "what should I do?" question. Although, cincymike's response to that critique seemed to me to be quite genuine and sincerely humble as I was reading this, to which MikeT23 wasn't very nice or sympathetic. I can definitely understand MikeT23's presumption, though. It's got to be extremely rare that somebody that won it all would ever actually be so unsure of themselves to the point I can see why MikeT23 was naturally suspicious, by default. It's maybe not fair, but most people probably won't feel sorry for somebody who won it all and then turn around and ask for advice for what they should do. Our society tends to be narcissistic and, if anything, too many people act like they know everything before winning or achieving anything! (just to be clear so I don't get beat on, I'm not implying MikeT23 hasn't own anything, I'm speaking about a lot of people, in general, here)

7/28/2014 11:20 AM
I was going for junior high girl fight.    I was pretty close.

Again, I don't think I was rude in my first reply.  The simple fact of the matter is NO ONE outside our little HBD community cares if you won a WS.  In fact, very few people within our little HBD community cares who wins a WS if it's not them.   I honestly have no problem with a little chest pounding.  But you might get a little grief for it.   You know, because it's the internet.    So, that said, it could have gone two ways:
1.  The way it did with cincymike getting defensive and pissy while I continued to push buttons.
2.  He could have said "Yeah, I win one every 3 seasons.   How about you?"    Which I would have found funny.  Because, you know, it's the internet and we're playing a simsports game.    Unfortunatey, CM isn't built that way. 

And I'll repeat that we've seen my WS title announcements phrased as "Has anyone ever....?" or "How many people.....?"     After getting so much **** for not winning a WS(I think it was my 35th season), I started one.   And got just as much **** for that.    Which I found funny.
7/28/2014 12:09 PM
I keep coming back because i think the Franco-Look At Me is hilarious....
7/28/2014 12:31 PM
I wish I could delete this thread so MikeT would truly have nothing to do with his life besides sit at his computer and be cynical all by himself...
7/28/2014 1:41 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Picking a CIty/Stadium Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.