Mystery Promotions explained. Topic

Sorry for the new thread but  wanted to make sure someone knowledgeable might read it. 

I had 4 players show up on my ML roster this season that I didn't put there. I asked support to explain and this is the reply:

"All four of these players had their contracts auto-renewed because they were not eligible for free agency or arbitration. They all had between 0-2 ML years of experience and were on the 40 man roster. In that case they will be auto-renewed to a MLB contract and will need to clear waivers to be demoted."

My thick brain can make no sense of this for a number of reasons. They were on the 40 to protect them from Rule 5. Can some one please explain it where even a dummy can understand, especially the 0-2 years part. All players have between 0 and 2 years ML experience at some point don't they?
7/29/2014 9:48 PM
Who are the players?  Can you link them?
7/30/2014 5:59 AM
The explanation given by CS is incorrect.

Vic Lanning fits this category-- on the 40, 1+ years of ML experience, in AAA.  He rolled over to a salary of $64K. 

Furthermore, Acosta, at least, has options left; he will NOT need to clear waivers to be demoted.

Ask for the ticket to be bumped up to a programmer.

7/30/2014 7:40 AM
Posted by somtom on 7/30/2014 6:16:00 AM (view original):
All 4 are exactly the same, here's 2 of them.  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Kirt Acosta   Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Kyle Webb
Mystery solved.

Both of these players are showing as having 26 days of ML service.  That lines up with being promoted at roster expansion time last season, though neither one saw any action in a game.

When they were called up, they would have had a $327k salary.  If they stayed on the ML roster at rollover, their salaries would be increased to $343k.  Which is what they are both showing.

So that's what happened.  These were not mystery promotions.  They were promoted last season at roster expansion time, and never sent back down to the minors after the season ended.

7/30/2014 7:48 AM
Yeah, those promotions will not show up on the transaction list. 
7/30/2014 8:23 AM
Thanks,  where do I find service time is listed?  I've never paid attention to it, what else does it affect?
7/30/2014 7:35 PM
Roll your pointer over the ML Years line
7/30/2014 10:29 PM
Posted by somtom on 7/30/2014 7:35:00 PM (view original):
Thanks,  where do I find service time is listed?  I've never paid attention to it, what else does it affect?
Pull up the player profile.  Hover your mouse over the "ML Years" field, and you'll get a small popup with the service time. The number to the left of the decimal point is years, and to the right is days.

Your two guys had 0.026, for 26 service days.

Service days also impacts arb eligibity and FA eligibility.
7/31/2014 5:57 AM
That's pretty well hidden. I would have never found that on my own. Thanks for the directions and info.
7/31/2014 9:33 PM
Mystery Promotions explained. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.