#1 draft pick punt Topic

I have the #1 pick in the draft and the prospect pool is light.

If I punt the #1 and select a "Probably won't sign" guy, how much should I expect his demand to be?  I only have 9 mill available.

Thanks
9/15/2014 11:21 PM
9m is enough.   I don't think I've ever seen more than 7m demands.
9/16/2014 8:21 AM
That's initial demand since it's apparent that you won't meet his counter demand.
9/16/2014 8:23 AM
Thanks.  The draft happened and he only asked for 5m.
9/16/2014 8:56 AM
You're lucky.  Or probably better to say that you didn't get hit with crummy luck.  I wasn't punting, but I did have a draft guy start at 11.5. with his initial demand.  He was picked 20th overall.  (I had 9.4 left in my budget).

I ended up offering the 9.4 I had left probably 100+ times until the season ended.  I was shocked to find out he actually did sign after rejecting the offer over and over again.

Turned out to be a very good player.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Jamie Heffner

9/16/2014 11:18 AM
It only happened to me ONCE, but I did select a "Probably won't sign..." and he accepted the very first deal I offered him.  That particular move isn't totally without risk, is what I'm saying.  If the dude signs you are stuck with him.
9/19/2014 4:54 PM
Holy cow padna. You had a guy sign for less than what he was asking?!
9/19/2014 7:47 PM
Franklin, do you seriously think the GOLDEN RULE doesn't follow you to the forums?? Don't answer that, it was rhetorical.
9/20/2014 12:39 AM
#1 draft pick punt Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.