Developing players after injures Topic

Hopefully this link works for the player (if not can someone help me out?)

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=5454948

This guy was a legit good DITR but with his health he had an elbow injury twice. What I find interesting is he's in his 7th pro year and he's making substantial gains. I have training at 20 mill and med at 18 but are these gains making up for lost time when he was injured or would this guy just have been developing well for 7 years if he hadn't sustained so many injuries?
11/24/2014 8:02 AM
it's the medical bug. if you leave a guy on the 60 day dl, he'll overcompensate in the areas that were hit with injuries
11/24/2014 8:26 AM

But he didn't make the gains while he was on the DL. When he got injured, my Medical was probably 10 and 14 mill respectivly and he still took a hit. Its just this year, with him being healthy for a full season (at age 26) that he's gained +2 overall and between 2-4 points in all major catagories.

11/24/2014 9:03 AM
maybe you have good coaches to go along with your medical/training and it's just natural improvement
11/24/2014 9:10 AM
He's back to where he was, more or less, before the injuries.   That''s not unusual.   He lost development due to the injuries in S29/31/32.
11/24/2014 9:10 AM
Ah ok. Thats good news. I was wondering if I'd get to put him back in the rotation or not. Now I just have to crank my medical and training for his entire career.
11/24/2014 9:33 AM
I have a related question about a prospect who got injured.

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=6540958

This guy suffered an elbow injury toward the end of last season. It knocked him down about 2 points in all the key ratings (vR, vL, ctrl, Pitches). And it also cost him his last ratings update of the season. He healed in the offseason, so there was no ratings bump from the healing.

My question is: will he eventually develop to his full potential as if the injury never happened? Of will he be stunted as a result? I'm mostly concerned about his vL. Before the injury I was hoping it would end up over 60, but now I'm not so sure.
11/24/2014 12:14 PM
I don't know that anyone can answer that with certainty but you can draw some conclusions by looking at this guy:

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Matt Christensen
11/24/2014 12:30 PM
I'm not sure if Lowe will follow the same path as Christensen. Christensen's big injury didn't come until he had 4 pro seasons under his belt, while Lowe suffered his in his first full season.
11/24/2014 12:55 PM
Point is, 7 seasons later in his 12th pro season, he's getting back to where he was before the injury. 
11/24/2014 1:10 PM
That makes sense. Thanks.

11/24/2014 1:30 PM
Developing players after injures Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.