Keeper World Discussion Thread Topic

shobob, after reading your chat, I guess I'll try again.

First, #1 on the WW priority might not have the worst 20.   They simply won the least games last season with 25+.    They don't necessarily need to have ALL the advantages being awarded to the disadvantaged.
Second, we've agreed that there should be no "impact players" available on the WW or the R5.   But allowing #1 to collect the best of the non-impact players is an injustice to #2 to #10.
Third, again, only #1 is assured of his 3(should that be the route you take).   #2 thru #22 might claim the same three and get none, while playoff team #23 might get the best 3 after the top 3 waived players.   Assigning a max number of claims is worse, IMO, than the current set-up.
Finally, it's your world so my opinion doesn't really matter so feel free to ignore it.   I'm not sure the people arguing against no WW claims, or for a max limit, are looking at the big picture. 
2/1/2015 10:19 AM
I do appreciate your opinion Mike. As you can tell, I love to debate. So does jkenned, it seems. I believe that a thorough and respectful debate is a good way to work out kinks in systems.
2/1/2015 10:51 AM

At the end of the day, it's likely that you're redistributing players 500 and above in actual value.    It just seems to me that giving #1 on the WW priority first choice, over and over, of 501+ is doing a disservice to the other bottom dwellers. 

2/1/2015 11:08 AM
And I'll add that allowing unlimited FA signings immediately after the R5 freeze greatly benefits the guy who has access first.    That's why I recommended 1 per team in the first 48 hours after the freeze.   Tommy 3AM won't be able to stock up on leftovers while Larry Lateriser sleeps in.
2/1/2015 11:10 AM
I want to point out that if I'm in the world, I make sure I'm waiving claimable guys as late as possible, so that they're available in rule 5 draft. I'd rather flood the draft and force the top on priority guys to draft my player and push more usable guys down the board towards me. Why let them even make a claim, when I can force them to burn up a pick in the draft?
2/1/2015 11:25 AM
I'd do the same but I don't think you can get 30+ owners on board with getting down to 20 with less than 48 hours to go. 
2/1/2015 11:33 AM
I think he's talking strategy, not rules
2/1/2015 12:06 PM
Correct, just strategy. But if most of world realized/did said strategy, it could render waiver wire debate unneccesary.
2/1/2015 3:58 PM
I actually intended to use this strategy, but I ended up not doing it for some reason. Laziness I guess.
2/1/2015 5:27 PM
I had planned on waiting as well (and did with the best of guys that I let go) but when I looked and saw more than 100 players on the waiver wire I dumped my non-essential guys knowing that they would clear waivers while everyone else above them was claimed.
2/1/2015 6:26 PM
◂ Prev 1...24|25|26
Keeper World Discussion Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.