Minimum Wins Requirement Topic

I was wondering if there are any leagues that instead of kicking people out for not meeting the minimum wins, they make them cut one of the high first round picks. Especially in the current HBD environment of it being difficult to fill leagues, kicking people out hurts both the league and that owner. Plus, what ends up happening is the new owner gets a team stacked with prospects that are better than an owner who actually tried to win a few more games to stay in the league. So the owner who was making an effort gets screwed too. If you made the offending owner cut his choice of his last 3 highest first round picks, or something like that, I think there's a good chance he is still willing to stay in the league assuming he has built up the team through other picks, trades, and IFA, while also distributing the talent so that one team is less stacked.
1/9/2015 3:26 PM
I play in two such leagues:  Satchel Paige and Kinsella.  Both of them force any GM who violates the ML min win rules to forfeit their #1 pick the following season by picking a bottom of the draft scrub and leaving them unsigned. It originally started in Satchel and I liked the rule enough to propose it for the league I commish, Kinsella.
1/9/2015 3:39 PM
WIS told me they could not enforce such a rule so how can it be enforced?
1/9/2015 8:26 PM
If the offender doesn't give up the pick, kick him out the following season.
1/9/2015 9:17 PM
We do that in Yaz world.  Haven't had to use it yet.
1/9/2015 9:18 PM
Put it in your private world rules.   If someone doesn't follow them, WifS should remove them if they won't go willingly.
1/10/2015 7:02 AM
Minimum Wins Requirement Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.