This is a boring game Topic

Posted by atldmat on 2/3/2015 12:19:00 PM (view original):
Day three and another minor league injury. So I have time to kill here in the chat room. Is that some kind of a theme?
Here is a serious response to your complaint.

This game is not meant to be like a video game. You're not going to get hours of fast-paced entertainment every time you play. Basically, checking the box scores and stats a few times per day is what you get. It's a few minutes of entertainment per day, as long as you're the kind of person who finds box scores entertaining (and if you aren't, you probably shouldn't have signed up for it in the first place). Don't look at this as something that will keep you busy for long stretches of time. In fact, one of the advantages of the game is that you can go about your daily life without devoting too much time to it.

Aside from that, the chief appeal of the game is the chance to strategize and plan the future of your team. You study your rosters, learn your team's strengths and deficiencies, make plans for how you want to improve in the short and log term, and follow the progress of your players and prospects.

Now, some people will indeed find this boring. But if you do, I'm kind of wondering why you started playing in the first place. I mean, it's not like this game pretends to be anything different.
2/3/2015 1:24 PM
Which begs for an answer to the question I already asked.

What were you expecting?
2/3/2015 1:36 PM
I'm still waiting on the fireworks!!
2/3/2015 4:12 PM
2/3/2015 4:15 PM
He should join one of the worlds I commish.  I send strip-o-grams.
2/3/2015 4:29 PM
This watching paint dry thing makes me tired. Goodnight.
2/3/2015 10:18 PM
I think it needs more spice as well so I'm starting seafood Sunday, stripper Friday and knife fight Tuesday in ULB.
2/4/2015 6:01 AM
Day four hold the presses no injury report but we do have a crappy IFA show up. Speaking of the press. I use to get my Sports Illustrated magazine (which soon will be gone) now I go online to ESPN. Things move a lot faster now. 
2/4/2015 6:10 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/3/2015 1:36:00 PM (view original):
Which begs for an answer to the question I already asked.

What were you expecting?
Hello?
2/4/2015 7:04 AM
Hour 1 and I'm already bored with atidmat.
2/4/2015 8:06 AM
HBD is so much better now that it was when it first came out, when we had to do all of our roster transactions by mail.
2/4/2015 8:28 AM
Wait, you don't have to do it by mail anymore? Nobody told me that. Can you do them by telephone or fax now?
2/4/2015 9:14 AM
Posted by arcticlegend on 2/4/2015 9:14:00 AM (view original):
Wait, you don't have to do it by mail anymore? Nobody told me that. Can you do them by telephone or fax now?
Management Console ---> Advanced User Settings ----> check the 'No USPS' option
2/4/2015 9:18 AM
Posted by atldmat on 2/3/2015 5:56:00 AM (view original):
I check in to my team three times a day to see how we did and check the box score. The past two days other that having an injury to a Hi level hitter their is nothing here to do. I won't be returning for another season of watching paint dry.
I've been here coming up on 5 years and the paint still hasn't dried...
2/4/2015 10:11 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/4/2015 8:28:00 AM (view original):
HBD is so much better now that it was when it first came out, when we had to do all of our roster transactions by mail.
I remember how long a customer support ticket took ( and people have the nerve to complain now)! I would get home from work and run to the mail box, only to be disappointed again. Used to take 3 years to play one season.
2/4/2015 10:46 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
This is a boring game Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.