This is a boring game Topic

Posted by bjschumacher on 2/4/2015 11:05:00 PM (view original):
This  is a mathmatician/engineer's game. Truth be told though.....if they came up with a video-game-style 3d replay of the games, along with on-line  real-play game sims while each owner is watching?...That would be totally awesome!
if it's a mathematician/engineer's game, no wonder I suck at it. I = the stupid
2/6/2015 7:35 AM
Posted by dierickx3 on 2/4/2015 10:58:00 PM (view original):
atldmat, I'm thinking you're probably missing the real objective of the "game", which is to to try and figure out a way to "collect the 'best' players" you can to win the most games. It's a mathematical/probability game played out over the course of a few months. It's not a baseball game you play (obviously). i could not begin to tell you how many hours i've spent trying to analyze ratings, stats, trends, streaks, etc. in a vain attempt to "solve" the magic black box that pours our a new result every 8 hours around the clock. The game is a marathon and one of strategy - and luck - and trying to find an edge and tip the dice in your favor is what it's all about. So, if it's moving "too slow" for you that means you're not *really* playing the game fully. You could be pouring over box scores, parsing play-by-play logs, seeing what teams that always win have in common, figure out how much range a CF really needs to be good for you in your world instead of trusting the HBD suggestions, how much splits matter versus velocity for pitchers, etc. etc. etc. The variety of data analytic questions you could ask and attempt to answer could consume your life 24/7 if you let it. But, yeah, if this doesnt sound "exciting" to you, then the game is probably not for you.

The reason there's so many open worlds is probably exactly for what Miket has said in other posts: most of the nerds that would be into this type of thing have likely already been exposed to it by now so you're not going to get many brand new people into it at this point. Meanwhile, lots of people like you have come and gone thanks to promotions, bribery by a friend or co-worker, etc. it's very obvious theres way too many worlds and they need to pare the number down to get more filled.
call me a nerd again and I'll strap on my vorpal sword of disruption and my boots of striding and put a couple of magic missiles where the sun don't shine you son of an ogre and a half orc.
2/6/2015 7:51 AM
Wizard class can't use swords, can they?
2/6/2015 8:00 AM
Posted by atldmat on 2/6/2015 5:32:00 AM (view original):
Day six...... and its the same except I put my staff to work. We downloaded the FA signings from last year to see if their were any trends, winners or busts. The paint must be dry. 
We get it.   It's not for you.   Millions of people play fantasy football.   I stopped 5-6 years ago because I realized I no longer watched games.  I watched the ticker to see how my guys were doing.

But you know what I don't do?    Go to fantasy football sites and explain how dumb it is to play fantasy football.   Know why?  Because they won't care about my opinion.  They enjoy it.
2/6/2015 9:54 AM
It's obvious he's just trolling for attention.
2/6/2015 10:43 AM
Obviously.  Probably an alias with a dozen other teams under his username.
2/6/2015 10:51 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/6/2015 10:43:00 AM (view original):
It's obvious he's just trolling for attention.
And it worked! He's gotten a ton of attention. This is one of the most lively discussion threads I've seen in months.
2/6/2015 11:30 AM
I am not a detail person so I will probably never win anything but so far I am kind of hooked on this game.
2/7/2015 7:02 AM
Sucker for punishment I guess.
2/7/2015 9:00 AM
atldmat, which is it?First you say less than 4 days ago that "this game is boring and you won't be back and today you say "kind of hooked on this game" ;-)
2/7/2015 3:07 PM
Classic troll move.
2/7/2015 4:31 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 2/6/2015 8:00:00 AM (view original):
Wizard class can't use swords, can they?
Care to explain Gandalf?

2/7/2015 5:58 PM
I'm talking 1st Edition D&D here, c'mon.
2/7/2015 6:18 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 2/7/2015 6:18:00 PM (view original):
I'm talking 1st Edition D&D here, c'mon.
Then they are allowed no bladed weapon larger than a dagger.   Tolkien told Gygax to go to hell.
2/7/2015 7:32 PM
Posted by dierickx3 on 2/7/2015 3:07:00 PM (view original):
atldmat, which is it?First you say less than 4 days ago that "this game is boring and you won't be back and today you say "kind of hooked on this game" ;-)
Mystery solved.   Alias for SimSoxs.
2/24/2015 9:10 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
This is a boring game Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.