Carpenter definitely deserves a spot. That's the only one that I would call obvious.

The other four are less clear. I'd probably put Nen and Stone in the rotation and use the others as long relievers. But if someone disagreed, I wouldn't blame them.

Calderon is interesting. Personally, I tend to shy away from pitchers who have vL or VR in the 50s (especially vR). But he's got great pitches, good control, and good a ground ball rate. I'd probably put him as LRA, but if he's got better numbers than Nen or Stone after 40-50 games, consider promoting him to one of their spots.
3/27/2015 12:09 AM (edited)
Carpenter is the best of them. He will continue to turn in a WHIP around 1.25.

The rest are almost all the same guys and will produce a WHIP around 1.35-1.40

I think Calderon is going to be inconsistent because of his odd pitch distribution

I think Brennaman and Nenn will be the most consistent but I don't think Stone is a bad choice either.

I'd go Carpenter, Brennaman and Nenn

3/27/2015 1:32 AM
I would say Carpenter and Brennaman for sure. The third is not so clear. I agree with arctic that Calderon is interesting. I would probably try him first and see how he does. Have the other two guys as long relievers, but ready to move into that 5th SP spot if Calderon fails. I usually have a catcher with a high PC, and have real good success with pitchers that have odd pitch distributions like that. 
3/27/2015 7:33 AM
Agree with all the above.  I often find myself shifting pitchers around during the season based on performance, so it's not uncommon to see a guy start the season penciled in as a LRA and end the season in the rotation as an SP5.

So don't get hung up too much about your SP4 and/or your SP5.  That should work itself out as the season progresses.

3/27/2015 7:52 AM
Ha.  Asked me the same thing in TC. 

MikeT23 3/27/2015 6:44 AM Carpenter is the best of the bunch. I think you could draw names out of a hat with the other 4.
3/27/2015 8:30 AM
Believe it or not mike I value everybody's opinion!
3/27/2015 9:51 AM
95% of the time, anyone who answers a question like this will have the same opinion. 
3/27/2015 9:57 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.