Pretty stoked that they have actually done SOMETHING after 2+ years or so.

I REALLY like all of the stuff they added.

Color coded dots are awesome and have been needed forever.
Edit Roster pages should be FAR easier to manipulate, especially in the case of a new guy taking over a team that only has a dozen players in AAA and AA.

KUDOS!! to ADMIN for this first step.

Looking forward to the rest.
4/23/2015 9:38 AM
Fancy. Lots of neat little tricks. It will be nice not having to add a note to every prospect I plan on having a chance to make the majors.

I feel like they missed one simple but very helpful update they could have done with this batch.
Before the regular season I wish there was no minimum roster size. It would make promoting and demoting players a lot easier before I start my minor league free agency.
4/23/2015 10:11 AM (edited)
It's cosmetic, but it's something, and it's useful.

Hopefully, a sign of better things to come.

4/23/2015 9:57 AM
They also added a column for Options which is pretty handy.

I really like how the color coded dots are on EVERY page. Whereas the note marker was only on the Edit Roster page.

4/23/2015 10:09 AM
Maybe I am not doing it right but I am not seeing "any player involved in a pending move is now highlighted for better tracking".

I have two such guys slotted for demotions just to see how this works and neither are highlighted.
4/23/2015 10:10 AM
Posted by mchales_army on 4/23/2015 10:09:00 AM (view original):
They also added a column for Options which is pretty handy.

I really like how the color coded dots are on EVERY page. Whereas the note marker was only on the Edit Roster page.

Didn't notice the options column at first.  That is VERY nice.
4/23/2015 10:13 AM
Love the color coded dots.   Requested that years ago.
4/23/2015 10:19 AM
Nice.  Good ways of visualizing the mental notes I've had to keep for certain players.  The Options column is great!

4/23/2015 10:48 AM
I wonder if the classification rating stays with a player if traded. be interesting to see how good owners classify their guys as opposed to how you classify them for yourself. kinda like player notes when taking over somebody else's team
4/23/2015 10:54 AM
and I like the options column also
4/23/2015 10:55 AM
These are nice little cosmetic changes... but in the grand scheme of things, do they really attract new players, or even retain existing ones?

I'd like to see the entire game made more mobile-friendly. Either a mobile version of the website which is much easier to navigate from a touch standpoint, or a mobile app. Most of these WIS games are 10-15 years old now, and the people who might now be getting into them grew up more in a "touch" interface world, rather than a point-and-click.

Just my 2c on changes that could open things up to a new audience.
4/23/2015 11:06 AM
Posted by sergei91 on 4/23/2015 10:54:00 AM (view original):
I wonder if the classification rating stays with a player if traded. be interesting to see how good owners classify their guys as opposed to how you classify them for yourself. kinda like player notes when taking over somebody else's team
The notes do and I think this is similar to notes.
4/23/2015 11:12 AM
I'll add that anyone complaining should pop themselves in the sack.    We've screamed, for years, "UPDATES!!!!  WE WANT UPDATES!!!!"   Now they do some and within hours, some say "Meh, whatevs.   They should have done this......"

C'mon.
4/23/2015 11:23 AM
smoelheim,

I'm not sure that they attract new owners, no in and of itself, is it enough to retain older users, but the note about it being the first step in what they plan to be regular updates over the next handful of months has me excited. The game was in need of updating, even if the updates we/are most cosmetic, 2 years is a long time in the gaming world. Sounds like these changes make for a slightly better game, some are things I've definitely wanted for a while now.
4/23/2015 11:23 AM
Posted by mchales_army on 4/23/2015 10:11:00 AM (view original):
Maybe I am not doing it right but I am not seeing "any player involved in a pending move is now highlighted for better tracking".

I have two such guys slotted for demotions just to see how this works and neither are highlighted.
I was a little confused by this at first as well, but it doesn't show up until you click the "add moves" button. I also only tried it for one guy, so that could be the difference as well.
4/23/2015 11:24 AM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.