Critical news debate Topic

Posted by plague on 5/8/2015 1:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/8/2015 1:06:00 PM (view original):
But everyone at 0 has been enjoying the benefit of it.   Virtually every veteran owner is at 0.   We're all starting at the same place.   So what if the n00b has an advantage for a couple of seasons?   Or if the long-time owner wasted 14m for 9 seasons has an advantage?    They've been playing baseball with 1920s gloves.   They can use a little break.

This is all "IT'S NOT FAIR TO ME!!!!!" whining.   You benefitted before.   Not so much today.
It's not some noob that will benefit, its every owner noob or veteran that gets a new team.

You make changes that are better for the overall game.. I don't see how anyone can argue that its better for the game to leave the budgets as is after making such a radical change.

So?

People have been peitioning to make ADV relevant for years.  YEARS!   If WifS was ever going to do another update, you'd think that would be near the top of the list.  Nonetheless, those of us who were petitioning went to 0.   And stayed there.    Now they're doing something and those same people want a do over.   No.   Cake and eat it too thing.
5/8/2015 1:14 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/8/2015 1:12:00 PM (view original):
You people are making arguments that your history proves to be complete crap.   Don't do that because it's easy to check your budgets and rosters.   
Who is you people?

I am making a suggestion that I think would be better for the game. When you make a suggestion that is better for the game should I consider that whining?

I personally don't even see why you would argue against the reset, to me its a logical path considering that ADV scouting may go from 0-100 in effectivness of use. It seems like that is right down your path of skill vs luck.

5/8/2015 1:17 PM
Anyway, let's say the sky is actually falling.   You and crickett(and hundreds of others) dump their teams and take new ones so they can reset the budgets.   Worlds that have had trouble filling will be full.   Good for them and good for you.    It all came out in the wash as the worlds/teams you left behind probably weren't that good.   Otherwise, you don't dump them.
5/8/2015 1:17 PM
You people are making arguments that your history proves to be complete crap.   Don't do that because it's easy to check your budgets and rosters.   
So people are only allowed to make points or arguments that their history will back up. Gotcha.

"We should work to lower the prices on healthier foods for the betterment of the public health."

"Sorry, buddy, you have too long a history of eating burgers and fries, your point is invalid."

5/8/2015 1:19 PM
There is no indication that ADV needs to change.  We will all still stay at 0 when the dust settles.  If one more person complains I am quitting HBD, burning my whatifsports Tshirt and throwing my computer away.
5/8/2015 1:19 PM
Posted by plague on 5/8/2015 1:17:00 PM (view original):
Who is you people?

I am making a suggestion that I think would be better for the game. When you make a suggestion that is better for the game should I consider that whining?

I personally don't even see why you would argue against the reset, to me its a logical path considering that ADV scouting may go from 0-100 in effectivness of use. It seems like that is right down your path of skill vs luck.

You're not "you people". 

You're simply arguing for a reset and not stating "This will happen" when I can check your teams and see that you're not 0 or 20m in specfic categories now.

You've seen why I've argued against it.   It will force me, and any other 0 ADV owner that's used it to their benefit, to pursue a stopgap strategy on the run.   That's requires a certain skill.    And that seems like a nice challenge.  I like a challenge.

5/8/2015 1:20 PM
Was curious and so I created a poll to ask if people are changing Advanced budget.
5/8/2015 1:21 PM
Posted by alleyviper on 5/8/2015 1:19:00 PM (view original):
So people are only allowed to make points or arguments that their history will back up. Gotcha.

"We should work to lower the prices on healthier foods for the betterment of the public health."

"Sorry, buddy, you have too long a history of eating burgers and fries, your point is invalid."

Well, yeah, unless you want to be a hypocrite.   If you're good with that, not my problem.   But I might point out the grease stain on your shirt.
5/8/2015 1:21 PM
As an example, I've lobbied for pretty much all of these changes(except DITR) in the past.    All of them have a negative effect on what I'm doing/have done.   It would be extremely hypocritical of me to complain about them.    So, despite my expectations to have a tough time, I'm embracing what I've asked for.   No hypocrite in me.
5/8/2015 1:26 PM
Posted by damag on 5/8/2015 12:01:00 PM (view original):
I realize I'll be squarely in a microscopic minority by saying this, but aren't all these things just band-aids to cover the effects of Budget Transfer?

As was implied earlier, everyone wants to get to Zero in one category or another.  Which is fine, because it would be boring if we all were forced to use the same strategy.  But getting to Zero in multiple categories, for practical purposes, ends up being used to free up cash for Internationals. 

If you just hard capped Prospect at a higher level than the current 20 million, wouldn't it accomplish the same thing?

Dead horse beaten.  Carry on.

plenty of worlds with prospect caps in their PWR
5/8/2015 1:34 PM
Regardless how of how hypocritical anyone in this thread may or may not be, believe it or not, someone can be a hypocrite and still make a valid and valuable argument.

Of course, if one is only interested in regurgitating their own opinions and squelching anything that might challenge those opinions, then it's a lot easier just to shout "HYPOCRITE" from the hilltops and not try to actually engage in any critical discussion.

5/8/2015 1:36 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned here in the 20 odd pages, but any thoughts on how this will affect the review of trades? I typically looked at the progression of a player if a prospect vs currents of a vet... Could this lead to the dreded lopsided trade becoming more common? Would love to hear others thoughts...
5/8/2015 1:37 PM
I love that WIS is trying. But, I still think the biggest issue with budgeting logic is that for ADV the only reasonable strategies are going to be either ADV of 0 or ADV very close to 20. There needs to be medium value of some kind gained by having an ADV of 10. Crappy scouting with an ADV of 10 will be a waste of money and force people to one extreme or the other.
5/8/2015 1:37 PM
How about the "fuzzy" rating system for prospects? Does this just mean that the projections will be less accurate? Or will there be some sort of range system rather than exact numbers? I'm very eager to see how this works.

5/8/2015 1:38 PM
Posted by alleyviper on 5/8/2015 1:36:00 PM (view original):
Regardless how of how hypocritical anyone in this thread may or may not be, believe it or not, someone can be a hypocrite and still make a valid and valuable argument.

Of course, if one is only interested in regurgitating their own opinions and squelching anything that might challenge those opinions, then it's a lot easier just to shout "HYPOCRITE" from the hilltops and not try to actually engage in any critical discussion.

Valid, unlikely.  Valuable, no.   Otherwise, you'd practice what you preach.   Don't tell me "That will force everyone to 20 or 0!!" when you're using 8 or 12 under the exact same circumstances.   That invalidates your opinion thus robbing it of value.

5/8/2015 1:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...21|22|23|24|25...54 Next ▸
Critical news debate Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.