Critical news debate Topic

The announcement was made Thursday afternoon.  In my experience, no one of note works the weekend at WifS.   So, really, it's been about 24 hours.   And, if I'm correct in that they were checking the wind before setting sail, they were waiting to see what was said before deciding on the final touches. 

Patience is a virtue.
5/10/2015 7:55 PM
Well, look at it this way.  They're reading this thread.  They know exactly what the question is.

If it hasn't been addressed by Admin by May 26th, you'll know what the answer likely is.

5/10/2015 7:55 PM
In truth, a late Thursday announcement was PERFECT timing(if my speculation is correct).    They get to check in Friday to let us know they're looking at the comments.   Then they get the weekend to allow more comments to come in.   Unfortunately, I wasted two pages in a ******* match with plague.   I should go back and redline his comments/delete mine.  
5/10/2015 7:58 PM
C'mon, Mike, they should have known something like that would happen anyway.  Or they will as soon as they see a 40+ page count. 

5/10/2015 8:17 PM
Hell, the fact that I started the thread saying "Hell, yeah!!!!" was a pretty good indicator of future ******* match.
5/10/2015 8:40 PM
Some owners don't like me.   Not sure why.
5/10/2015 8:43 PM
I guess I am missing something here but why does everyone think Adv scouting it going to be a must 20MIL now. As far as what admin has posted it does look like it will affect int or the draft what is stopping me form just saving those ratings as I have been? I only read a couple pages of the thread and I didn't find anything saying other wise.
5/10/2015 9:30 PM
Posted by joshkvt on 5/10/2015 7:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by foulballz on 5/10/2015 5:33:00 PM (view original):
I just wanted to chime in on debate of what Adv will really be used for now. I'm 100% certain it won't show projections for draft or IFA prospects before signed. That is just a wild guess, but can't possibly be the case. A line from the update post by admin- "A new, fuzzier projected rating system will be introduced for high school, college and international scouting.*" this certainly shows that all scouting budgets will work as they have in the past. Adv is only relevant now because there won't be distinguishable growth patterns. For people that never or rarely trade, 0 in adv. Scouting is still the best option. And theres plenty of other ways to determine a prospects final ratings without patterns to look at either. I don't think this is as much as a game changer as many seem to think. In fact, it probably gives even more of an advantage to experienced owners and widens the gap.
You're 100% certain of a wild guess?
The wild guess portion is the possibility being raised of advanced scouting affecting projections for unsigned prospects. I'm certain that's not the case. If it was, it makes sense admin would've flat out said as much.
5/10/2015 9:48 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/10/2015 8:43:00 PM (view original):
Some owners don't like me.   Not sure why.
I don't for one second believe some owners don't like you.
5/10/2015 9:51 PM

I know it's a crazy idea, I'm more lovable than a puppy, but it's true.

5/10/2015 9:53 PM
Getting off track again,

Here is my thing with only allowing a 4 million dollar change a year per catagory. For Medical, Training, IFA, Prospect, and Coach budget, I totally agree. If you hadn't planned in the past, you only get to move a little bit. Deal with it. End of story.

My big thing is for the draft for College and High school. Lets say I have a team that is perennially getting into the playoffs either winning a weak division or taking the 6th wildcard spot with 88 to 90 wins, my current HS budget is 6 million and my college is 4. Now lets say in season XX that I drop my HS to 2 and my college to 0 to make a big splash in free agent signing and I get said free agent. Lets say my team underperforms and we end up winning between 70-75, the next season I have the 7-10th overall pick and the best scouting budget I can expect is 6 for my HS and 4 for my college. With the new 'fuzzy projections', I may as well punt the pick for the next 3 years until I can nab a guy that I have a vague idea how he will be.

Thoughts?
5/10/2015 9:58 PM
So you misjudged your team's potential?

Isn't that kind of on you?
5/10/2015 10:03 PM
You've never had a year where a bunch of your guys underperform or where you lose 25 games by one run?

For me personally I think HS scouting is going to get locked in at 20 and C at 0 for all eternity AMEN. Just like Med and Training.

This season I had a team go from 100 wins down to 85 with what I thought were improvements. But I am still very much learning this game.

5/10/2015 10:14 PM (edited)
I've had plenty.  

But it's on me.    I need to be better at the game.
5/10/2015 10:13 PM
Thats fair. I can't argue that.

But on to my second point, do you think this will lead to a bunch of teams not prepared for their next draft, punting their first round picks repeatedly until they can get their scouting budgets up?

5/10/2015 10:15 PM
◂ Prev 1...39|40|41|42|43...54 Next ▸
Critical news debate Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.