Critical news debate Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 5/12/2015 4:14:00 PM (view original):
No, it's serious business.   We need info and we needed it yesterday.   He has a world that will likely roll within the next couple of weeks and he needs to get with his advisors on how to best handle these potential changes.   His Asian scouts can't just hop on a plane and be here tomorrow, you know.
This is what I mean by my concern of lack of obsession ... NCAA II could roll in 2 days, and I could be setting budget by end of the week. I just have not obsessed enough about WifS answer to Adv. I should be grateful to crickett for ringing the sirens on such an alarming lack of information.
5/12/2015 5:03 PM
If I were you, I'd send him a GC for $25 so he won't be wasting money if the update isn't to his liking.
5/12/2015 5:26 PM
Crickett's request makes sense. Yes, its an internet game, but at the higher level it is about customer service.

Just because y'all are fine with whatever, it doesn't mean the changes won't impact quality of play for others.

If whining = asking logical questions, then we need more of that.

Mike can win the world record for answering questions with hypotheses, but only

5/12/2015 5:45 PM
Only admin knows for real
5/12/2015 5:46 PM

Granted that it's a question that needs to be answered.    It just doesn't have to be answered "NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Nothing happens for two weeks.  And, if WifS waffles on what to do, they can delay updates for eternity.    Nothing about HBD is NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except when I start the clock on trade offers.   Those countdowns are always fun.

5/12/2015 10:14 PM
Yawn. This would bother me if I respected your opinion in any way.
5/12/2015 10:27 PM
Well, pretty much everyone else is making fun of you too.

Sometimes, it's not me.   It's just you.
5/12/2015 10:29 PM
Seems like I really don't care. I still want my question answered. And sooner is still better than later when it comes to answering customers questions.
5/13/2015 9:11 AM
If you didn't care, you'd just send a ticket and STFU.    Bet you haven't thought of sending a ticket, have you?
5/13/2015 9:35 AM
I vote to erase the last 46 pages of this thread and start over. I'll bet TZent would agree.
5/13/2015 10:57 AM
I thought about making a new thread to highlight the important questions, but really there is but one for admin to answer, and I'm pretty sure they are aware of it.

5/13/2015 10:59 AM
The logical reason, and this will send crickett into a tizzy, is that the planned update with ADV was either too strong or too weak(depending on what it is and which side of the fence you're standing on).   So they're trying to decide whether to go on as planned or make adjustments.   And, if they're changing what they were planning, the have to make sure it can be programmed.    

Now crickett wants them to announce that.   Which is silly. 
5/13/2015 12:23 PM
No answering a customer question is never silly. If you don't know the answer or are still working on it the answer would be "We have not made the final decision yet" It only seems to be in your very limited mind that not answering a question from a customer equals something.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with whatever business you run.
5/13/2015 3:11 PM
1) will "fuzzy projections" mean that the numbers will be visible but inaccurate, or that the numbers will simply be question marks? the descriptor "fuzzy" itself is fuzzy
2) for IFA and draft, instead of omitting current ratings and only showing projections, wouldn't it make more sense to do it the other way around and show currents but omit projections, so that gms would have to infer quality based on how a prospect's current rating relates to age and development context (how good is a team's training and coaching)
3) if IFA does in fact become more random and ADV does in fact become relevant again (in addition to the software patch preventing vision of IFAs that haven't been discovered yet), might this update signal the end of budget transfers for the purpose of massive IFA signings ($35M+ signings take at least $50M budgeting units)?
5/13/2015 4:03 PM
Posted by crickett13 on 5/13/2015 3:11:00 PM (view original):
No answering a customer question is never silly. If you don't know the answer or are still working on it the answer would be "We have not made the final decision yet" It only seems to be in your very limited mind that not answering a question from a customer equals something.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with whatever business you run.
Trust me, if you were my customer, it wouldn't be for long.   I'd more than happily say "Yeah, I don't need your business."

When you have nothing to say, you say nothing.   You don't announce you have nothing to say.   That's stupid and that's what you seem to want.   If it's 5/25 and they say "Update will go as planned on 5/26", you've got something to whine about.    But, right now, the planned update, 13 days from now, has ZERO effect on you.   None.  Nada. 
5/13/2015 4:09 PM
◂ Prev 1...44|45|46|47|48...54 Next ▸
Critical news debate Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.