Critical news debate Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 5/20/2015 12:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crickett13 on 5/20/2015 11:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/20/2015 8:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by crickett13 on 5/19/2015 9:28:00 PM (view original):
No point to posting. They aren't going to tell us anything. I suspect jconte is back in charge of customer communication.
The good news is that your world "that will roll in a couple of days" still needs 3.   So, in the end, it has no effect on your decision-making. 
moot point. I have already committed to both that world and the world in the playoffs. I won't drop out of any world without giving the commissioner at least a couple of weeks notice so at this point I'm in for at least 1 season more.
That makes no sense.  Both worlds will have a couple of weeks notice if you give it today.   And, since WifS hasn't told you what you need to know, you'd be totally justified, right?
I won't give it until they answer the question about advanced which is why I wanted the question answered. It's possible they did answer and I missed it.
5/20/2015 5:00 PM
If you give your notice and get an answer before they roll, they'd probably welcome you back anyway.
5/20/2015 5:01 PM
Posted by gdmetz on 5/20/2015 10:28:00 AM (view original):
I've noticed that on edit rosters page that selecting 40 Man Roster combined with Current Ratings actually shows Projected ratings instead of current.  Sent a ticket.
I sent ticket in last week. They said it would be fixed in next patch.
5/20/2015 7:32 PM
Posted by gdmetz on 5/20/2015 12:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gdmetz on 5/20/2015 10:28:00 AM (view original):
I've noticed that on edit rosters page that selecting 40 Man Roster combined with Current Ratings actually shows Projected ratings instead of current.  Sent a ticket.
Same day response on the ticket:

"This will be fixed in our update early next week.

Thank you"
This?
5/20/2015 7:34 PM
Interesting to me that there is now less than a week left before the update and they Admin still has not answered what is the single most important question concerning it.
5/21/2015 2:12 PM
"A few other prospect-player development adjustments we'd prefer not to explicitly detail."

It's entirely possible that the effect ADV will have (and whether there is even any effect) on new areas falls under this item. That seems more likely each day.

If the goal was to encourage $ into ADV, it's looking like they could have skipped any actual changes, just posted "We may be making some changes in how ADV affects prospect development and projections" and let rampant speculation do the work for them.

5/21/2015 2:46 PM
I'm of the belief that they're revamping the update.    I won't be surprised for a "The update scheduled for 5/26 will be delayed" announcement.
5/21/2015 3:01 PM
if they are looking to "revamp the update", then I would guess that it depends on what kind of revamping they're doing.  If they're changing something they've already coded, then delaying and recoding the changes would be appropriate.  But if they're looking for some additional changes on top of what they've already done, that doesn't directly affect what's in the 5/26 update, then they can still release this as "Part 1" and then do the additional changes as "Part 2". 
5/21/2015 3:51 PM
I'm obviously speculating.   There was 20 pages of discussion, with one very important topic at the center of it, 20 pages of ******* match, and 10 pages of "sky is falling" based on speculation.    To me, the one very important topic would have been addressed if the update was to remain as is.   But, IMO, the discussion changed that.  
5/21/2015 4:04 PM
Or they just thoroughly enjoy ****ing with us.
5/21/2015 7:58 PM
Posted by joshkvt on 5/9/2015 11:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by peder on 5/9/2015 6:35:00 AM (view original):
Since I am a customer of whatifsports, they should respect me. And not design strategies to screw me and laugh about it. Its $25 yes - but its $25 they want to continue to receive. Don't change the game and tell me I'm **** out of luck.

Whether or not others are in the same boat doesn't matter. Its a genergeneral customer service issue.

"Hey, Mr. Programmer, we've got 500 users on HBD but I'd like to screw one over."
  "No problem. Which one?"
"User name is peder."
  "OK. Let's see, he uses 0 ADV. Maybe we make that a bad thing?"
"Good idea! And we can pretend it's an update designed to make the game better and respond to user ideas."
  "It will take 60 hours of programming time. All told a $5-6K should do it."
"Well worth it! We can keep stealing his $25 and we'll be ahead of the game in no time."
  "What about the other 499 users?"
"They've been clamoring and fussing for updates for years. We can pretend that's the motivation."
  "Won't some of them leave?"
"Can't be helped? As long as we screw peder."
  "Consider it done. Be sure to send him a message that he's *** out of luck."
This.
5/22/2015 8:16 AM
Today's the day.

Can't wait to see what the first complaint will be.

5/26/2015 8:38 AM
Did the sky fall?
5/26/2015 9:00 AM
I have three players, on my team, that have no development history.    I traded for them in ST.  

I don't think the update is supposed to work like that.
5/26/2015 9:14 AM
There's a fourth, also traded for during ST, but I can see the development pattern of the guys I traded away.   Can't see development patterns on any other team(which is how it's supposed to work).

I think it's gonna need some tweaking. 
5/26/2015 9:16 AM
◂ Prev 1...49|50|51|52|53|54 Next ▸
Critical news debate Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.