Critical news debate Topic

You can still see prospect budgets (which is all I really cared about getting rid of).
5/26/2015 9:45 AM
It's OK damag.  I'm answering it for you.    At 11 AM, more or less.
5/26/2015 9:46 AM
Seems I don't have to.

One big question we wanted to answer from the lengthy forum topic discussing the update - Advanced Scouting Budget continues to only affect projected ratings for players that have been signed by a big league club.  High School, College and International scouting continue to impact what prospects are discovered and their projected ratings.  One suggestion made by users was to have Current Ratings also affected by Advanced Scouting Budget. We'll be giving that some consideration.

Crickett's hissy was all for naught.
5/26/2015 9:48 AM
Still 0 ADV for me.
5/26/2015 9:51 AM
yeah, until it affects the current rating i see....0 ADV
5/26/2015 9:57 AM
Yep, I got a bit ahead of myself, posted the same time that Admin did.

So as I read this, for 0 ADVers, we/you have the option to stick with it and see how it will play out over time.  Also reduces the angst over the "4 million per season" thing.

5/26/2015 9:59 AM
It will make trading for 2nd year players more difficult but, yeah, same deal.   I was trying to trade for a 2nd year player yesterday.   I did what I always did.  Checked the scouting budget, checked players drafted by the owner in the same range, checked the scouting budget for those seasons.   Decided the player wasn't as good as his draft position.   Can't check budgets now.
5/26/2015 10:05 AM
Can't see historical budgets of your own franchise from the "set budgets" page.

I think that is probably a mistake.

5/26/2015 10:09 AM
Posted by groth911 on 5/26/2015 9:30:00 AM (view original):
I thought the draft changes would not affect a league that started weeks ago
they changed some things a few weeks ago, or at least the way IFAs were released to close that loophole. Not sure if they changed anything else.
5/26/2015 10:11 AM
FYI in one of my worlds, today is Rule 5 day. For all of the Rule 5 eligible players, you CAN see current and projected ratings. You just can't see historical ratings.
5/26/2015 10:16 AM
Posted by mchales_army on 5/26/2015 10:09:00 AM (view original):

Yeah, I'm not sure I agree with this.  Tell you why:

When I started playing HBD and I picked up this team, a big part of my learning the game was retracing everything my franchise's previous owners did.  I was able to evaluate why I thought their decisions worked or did not, and to develop a thought process to drive my own game forward.

While access to historical information can be used as a competitive advantage, it is also useful as a learning tool.  That might be lost.

5/26/2015 10:23 AM
Historical budgets on "Set Budget" page - will be fixed shortly.
5/26/2015 10:27 AM

Why don't you hide the prospect budgets while you are at it.
5/26/2015 10:29 AM
Posted by damag on 5/26/2015 10:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mchales_army on 5/26/2015 10:09:00 AM (view original):

Yeah, I'm not sure I agree with this.  Tell you why:

When I started playing HBD and I picked up this team, a big part of my learning the game was retracing everything my franchise's previous owners did.  I was able to evaluate why I thought their decisions worked or did not, and to develop a thought process to drive my own game forward.

While access to historical information can be used as a competitive advantage, it is also useful as a learning tool.  That might be lost.

Go to Main > Click your Team in the Standings window > Click Finances > Shows Historical Finances for your Franchise
5/26/2015 10:30 AM
Prospect budget is a payroll, similar to Players and Coaches. As franchises sign players, that data becomes public.  The rest of the budgets are internal.
5/26/2015 10:31 AM
◂ Prev 1...51|52|53|54 Next ▸
Critical news debate Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.