Wish list for HBD updates Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 6/10/2015 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gman981981 on 6/10/2015 3:19:00 PM (view original):
I'd be in favour of that if the minor league player (or lack of players) issue was addressed. I know a lack of minor league players is a result of people not signing their draft picks, not promoting guys etc....but I think some tweaks can still be done on the programming side to address the problem. I know there is the tryout camp but there should be way more guys willing to play in AAA/AA in my opinion. My one world has had zero minor league guys available past spring training for the past few seasons. I've demoted guys from AAA to Low A/Rookie in the past rather than release them when I'm promoting guys at year end, and they generally end up retiring even though they would become a free agent since they have 6 years. They should not be willing to sign with me, but they shouldn't retire or should retire less often.
People get mad because I'm too harsh but WifS can't fix stupid.    If owners won't sign their crappy draftees, won't promote and generally ignore their minors, you end up with a shortage.   WifS gave up tryout camp players to solve the problem.   A guy in AAA for 7 years with 10 years total in the minors while never sitting on a BL shouldn't continue playing.   It's time for him to go to work at his dad's hardware store.
What ticks me off is maybe I run into a shortage at AA or AAA because of injury, but my team is competitive.  I don't want to promote any 19 or 20 year olds yet, so I go looking for a minor league free agent just to hold things together and eat some innings.  Guess what, it's midseason and there isn't a single available minor league pitcher on the open market.  And what's worse, most of them have been stuck in LoA or Rookie ball by their douchebag owners just scrambling to throw together a minimum roster.  And of course, they'll all retire next season because they've been treated like ****, so the problem will get even worse.

I get ****** every time I look at league transactions and see, in the middle of no league event going on, some dickbag owner just one day signing 25 or 30 random minor leaguers. 

6/10/2015 3:55 PM (edited)
You have no $50 000 IFA's in your league? We have lots in ours.
6/10/2015 4:36 PM
Posted by hockey1984 on 6/10/2015 3:47:00 PM (view original):
So for #2 why not have the same solution as rookie ball? If a team doesn't have 25 players per minor league roster then AI signs your tryout camp guys and fills the rosters.

I also say you could fix guys not paying attention to their minor league teams by having guys have better development on better teams.

My thought, how can a pitcher improve when he is exhausted and pitching everyday? Or when a player is covering 3 positions.
Why can't owners just put 25 players at each minor league level?    Hell, they even add them up for you so it can't be a counting problem.
6/10/2015 4:46 PM
Truth is, I'd love for WifS to auto-sign every slot player.  Maybe auto-sign slots up to 6m.   IFA your *** off but you will not allowed to dip below 6m until after the draft auto-signs.   That would keep the minors stocked in every world.
6/10/2015 5:00 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/10/2015 4:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hockey1984 on 6/10/2015 3:47:00 PM (view original):
So for #2 why not have the same solution as rookie ball? If a team doesn't have 25 players per minor league roster then AI signs your tryout camp guys and fills the rosters.

I also say you could fix guys not paying attention to their minor league teams by having guys have better development on better teams.

My thought, how can a pitcher improve when he is exhausted and pitching everyday? Or when a player is covering 3 positions.
Why can't owners just put 25 players at each minor league level?    Hell, they even add them up for you so it can't be a counting problem.
I ask the same question but you and others were mentioning that teams have a problem keeping 25 players on their minors. Has never been a problem for me.
6/10/2015 5:28 PM
I didn't say they have a "problem" doing it.    I said, if you allowed owners to carry 8 in LoA before the season, you'd see teams with 8 in LoA when the season started.   It's intentional, it's not a "problem" of player shortage.
6/10/2015 5:30 PM
A lot of people are "too cool" to bother with their minor league teams.  They spend the million or two extra in the MLs or scouting when they only have 12 players on a team that goes 2-142.  

Then said "cool" owner does get around to signing every pitcher/player with splits in the 10's and says "there ya happy now get off my dick about the minors".   Then he gets mad leaves the league, and the team has a hundred minor leaguers with splits ranging from 10-20 and you can't get anyone to take that piece of **** team because of the lack of prospects...

So really , neglecting the minors  is killing HBD!  
6/10/2015 5:30 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/10/2015 5:00:00 PM (view original):
Truth is, I'd love for WifS to auto-sign every slot player.  Maybe auto-sign slots up to 6m.   IFA your *** off but you will not allowed to dip below 6m until after the draft auto-signs.   That would keep the minors stocked in every world.
AWESOME. LET'S GET THIS DONE.
6/10/2015 5:32 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/10/2015 5:00:00 PM (view original):
+1 
6/10/2015 6:02 PM
+2
6/11/2015 9:15 AM
Posted by mchales_army on 6/10/2015 9:48:00 AM (view original):
I really like the 1st one, but it may provide too big of an advantage for those of us who are on far more often than others.
Kind of like Free Agency or Coach Hiring or signing internationals. I'm all about any situation where paying attention is a competitive advantage.
6/11/2015 9:27 AM
Well yeah, if you want to put up a Do Not Enter sign to people whose jobs and lives don't allow them to check in every few hours. FA and Coach Hiring don't operate fully in 8-hour cycles.
6/11/2015 10:12 AM
Posted by mbriese on 6/11/2015 9:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mchales_army on 6/10/2015 9:48:00 AM (view original):
I really like the 1st one, but it may provide too big of an advantage for those of us who are on far more often than others.
Kind of like Free Agency or Coach Hiring or signing internationals. I'm all about any situation where paying attention is a competitive advantage.
You can do all of the things mentioned in one sitting, one time per day, and land quality players/coaches.

Being on all day doesn't really net a noticeable advantage in any of those three areas. I know some people feel that way, but it really isn't true.
6/11/2015 10:27 AM
The advantage comes during trading frenzies.   Or the one off "Need to move X ASAP" post.     Had to make a rule in MG because an owner posted "First offer for Jim Joe is accepted" at 3 AM.    First offer was a TC pitcher for one of those 30 inning a year guys.   However, the 30 inning a year guys can be quite valuable come playoff time. 
6/11/2015 10:41 AM
I found another thing to add to my wish list. A 'offer all requested' for the arbitration page. It sure is tedious going in and typing each dollar amount a player has requested for arb when I am just going to give them what they want anyway.
6/12/2015 3:03 PM
◂ Prev 12
Wish list for HBD updates Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.