Would you consider this tanking? Topic

You have met the minimum win requirement but the last 20-25 games you trot out starters that are 40-75% energy to start? Especially once expanded rosters are available and you have enough $$ and players you can bring up to start for you? And you go 2-23.
6/23/2015 1:03 PM
If you have to ask, you already know the answer. 
6/23/2015 1:16 PM
Yes
6/23/2015 2:01 PM
If you can find a stretch of 10 in a row with a sub 50% SP, he can be booted for violating the Fairplay Guidelines
6/23/2015 2:05 PM
I consider it tanking however I am not experienced in the game beyond a couple seasons. I didn't call anybody up because my minors were in the playoff hunt but I didn't have any starters fatiguing. It doesn't seem that hard to me.
6/23/2015 2:07 PM
that's what she said
6/23/2015 3:23 PM
Ha!
6/23/2015 11:32 PM
If your putting a team on the field with the intent of losing then your tanking.
6/24/2015 2:30 AM
Looks like the team he's referring to is Syracuse in World Uecker.
6/24/2015 6:44 AM
Yes it is. But I don't know if he was tanking or not? In his last number of games he trotted out a fatigued starter 5-6 times.  He has was out of it but is in many leagues so he may have just said screw it. But if it increased his draft position 3-4 spots that is pretty big, imo.

I don't have much experience in HBD so I don't know if it is a common thing? I play a ton of fantasy football and know whats kosher there.

I'm not accusing the guy but just wanted some opinion.

6/24/2015 9:53 AM

Negligence is just as bad as intentionally losing.     Almost all of those games were against playoff teams/contenders.   By handing them games, he could have altered the post-season landscape. 

6/24/2015 10:12 AM
Well he was paying enough attention to sign a late IFA if it was Syracuse
6/24/2015 10:47 AM
Obviously he was tanking. BUT he did hit the MWR.

If the world has an issue with when in the season you need to get your wins (to Mike's point that all those games he dumped late were with potential playoff teams), then you need a new rule.

Of course, more strict owner screening would have let you know this was what you were going to get. Check out his history. Plenty of instances of "take over team, lose 100+ for several seasons, then try to win."

Looks to me like he trotted out a mediocre 4-man rotation most of the season, paid enough attention to spot start a 5th man earlier in the season, but then abandoned that at the end. Again, this guy knows what he's doing, has a pattern, and executed it to perfection.

Next season will be more of the same if he sticks around

6/24/2015 1:08 PM
Probably best to put your energy into getting the world to vote for a rule that covers specific actions you don't want to see again.

Maybe a rule against starting a player with % below 80?  That would give the GM about a week to act from the time they hit 95.

Or starting any player for more than 5 games at a position that does not appear when Show Recs (Proj.) is pressed? (you could make exceptions for anything the world is OK with. C's in RF. Weak armed RF. etc.)

A peace you should probably make between yourself and HBD is that tanking is a good strategy.  Once out of the playoffs, finding ways to lose without breaking any world rules is not a bad strategy.  You could make up 10 rules and someone who wants a better draft pick with find an 11th way to try to win as few games as possible.

Unless you get a world rule voted in that says if you don't like the way someone runs their team you can prevent them from returning, you're probably better off focusing on your team and maybe on simple rules your world with vote for.

6/24/2015 5:17 PM
Would you consider this tanking? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.