I'm 39 games into a season with what should be a 100-win team (currently 25-14) but here are my ML pitchers on the DL, which is insane considering I have 20 Medical.  Just need to complain for a moment.

Blake Curtis  

Santo Aguilera

Addison Cervelli

Sherman McGehee

Larry Montgomery
7/23/2015 1:29 PM (edited)
The first two have low health ratings but the rest (particularly Cervelli and McGehee) do not.  Unreal that it all happened at once.
7/23/2015 1:30 PM

I had some injuries too!!!

Probably just you and me!!!!

7/23/2015 1:33 PM
No!  I've had two injuries on my ML team in Mantle in the last three game cycles!

So that makes 3 of us!

7/23/2015 1:53 PM
Posted by schnoogens on 7/23/2015 1:29:00 PM (view original):
I'm 39 games into a season with what should be a 100-win team (currently 25-14) but here are my ML pitchers on the DL, which is insane considering I have 20 Medical.  Just need to complain for a moment.

Blake Curtis  

Santo Aguilera

Addison Cervelli

Sherman McGehee

Larry Montgomery
whether 20 medical or 0 medical, injuries are caused (or not caused) by the health rating, which is boosted (or not boosted) in the off-season by training.

All that medical budget does is retrieve the attributes after they have been lost, or in your case with 20 medical it makes them even better if you have enough patience (and depth) to leave guys on 60-day with silly injuries like "blisters" or "sore wrist". Also, if you are ever lucky enough to see the words "shoulder aneurysm", 20 medical makes them superhuman-  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Emmanuel Vizquel
7/23/2015 2:11 PM
Go ahead!  Share your examples!  You don't have anything close to this.
7/23/2015 2:20 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/23/2015 1:53:00 PM (view original):
No!  I've had two injuries on my ML team in Mantle in the last three game cycles!

So that makes 3 of us!

IT'S AN EPIDEMIC!!!!!

7/23/2015 2:26 PM
What causes a player to get more than one injury recovery bump like in the example of Emmanuel Vizquel?
8/1/2015 6:13 PM
I had a team was hit with a similar issue in season 28 of Capra filed in my memory as the team that could have been. At least you only lost 2 of yours for the whole season. Never had anything like it before or since. **** happens

For a point of reference Palacios was injured in game 42 and Murphy in game 43 Tomko in his 8th start. Thompson got to start 16. 

Glenn Tomko #1 Starter out for season 6/19 PM2
Benny Palacios #5 hitter out for season 6/21 AM cycle 
Sal Murphy #4 hitter out for season 6/21 PM cycle 
Lefty Thompson #3 starter out for season 7/3 PM 2

8/2/2015 9:07 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.