Hot streaks, cold streaks over an entire season Topic

I know this has been brought up here before, but I can't remember the answer, so I figured I'd bring it up again.

Thru the mentoring program, someone came to me with a player:

https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=5942081

that intrigued me.  He's a pretty solid SS, little below recs on defense, would love to have his skill set on offense for that position, good speed, yada, yada, yada.

In looking at his skill set, I'd anticipate a slash line of something around .250/.330/.420/.750  give or take, which is fairly close to his 3 year career average.  However, if you look at individual seasons, he's had 1 outstanding season at the plate, and two terrible ones.  I've had guys go thru ups and downs before, and while its only 3 seasons, the swings in performance seem rather dramatic.  Is there anything that might dictate streakiness at all?  I'm thinking no, or if there is, at least I'm not aware of it.  He's got a 97 in temper, so he's at the extreme end.

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

8/10/2015 5:22 PM
We have been told that there are no streaks built into the game.
8/11/2015 7:06 AM
thanks, that is what I've always gone with.  So let me ask this:

what does temperment control?  Other a low rating means an increase in likely hood of getting hit by a pitch, what else does it control?

8/11/2015 1:45 PM
Temper reflects how well a player deals with spur-of-the-moment adversity such as being hit by a pitch or called out on strikes.

So basically, in addition to influencing how often a player gets HBP, it also impacts the likelihood that he will react badly to something and find himself getting ejected from the game.
8/11/2015 1:49 PM
Chance of getting tossed from a game for arguing with the ump is my understanding. I had a guy get tossed for arguing balls and strikes when we were up 6-0
8/11/2015 1:51 PM
So a high temper rating is bad?
8/11/2015 8:20 PM
That player has a good 1/2 season, then bad season then good season then bad season hitting wise.   I have seen this many times where a player alternates good and bad seasons.  Not every player does this but enough of them do that it makes me think there may be something built into the game that causes it.
8/15/2015 5:45 PM
Hot streaks, cold streaks over an entire season Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.