Largest Bonus Wanted by Draft Pick Topic

I'm wondering what the largest bonus ever asked by a draft pick is to help with better planning in the future.  I have a 2nd overall draft pick (originally asking 6.2mil) that waited until 3 cycles before the trade deadline to let me know his demands changed.  They changed to 9.94mil and I kept 9.86mil available.  80k more than what I kept.  Of course I feel screwed by his agent who obviously knew my budget situation.  But I am just asking to see what people have experienced.
9/9/2015 12:08 AM
Offer him a BL deal.   327k for 3 seasons plus 9m bonus.   That will give you the amount required.    Personally, 9.6m.   You can check your world history for highest bonus.
9/9/2015 6:50 AM
'Probably won't sign': I've had want over $8 million before. An owner in our league got boned last year because his 'may sign' guy wanted $10.
9/9/2015 12:33 PM
Most prospects will sign for 85% (or so) of current demands if you keep trying it
9/9/2015 5:12 PM
$11+ mil for a #3 pick many moons ago that was a tough sign.  Took 3-4 cycles of offering, him rejecting, re-offering before he agreed to sign for that much.  Since he was the #3 pick, I've always surmized that a tough sign, at the #1 pick would ask upwards of 12 mil.  I have no idea if that is the case, but it seems logical based upon my experiences.
9/11/2015 1:16 PM
Largest Bonus Wanted by Draft Pick Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.