October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

This is not working at all for me so far on my computer. Seems to work OK on my phone. On the computer, nothing is lining up properly. On both the lineup and pitching screens the first 3 or 4 ratings are hidden behind the player name. Also the positions are not clickable so I cannot move players from position to position or move the batters up or down in the lineup or move a reserve into the lineup. I can do it on my phone. Is there a certain screen resolution that might fix these problems because right now it is unusable on my computer. There was nothing wrong with the way the game was displayed before, IMO. If it ain't broke don't fix it, the saying goes. In attempting to improve the game you have made it much worse.
10/15/2015 5:08 PM
This update looks more like a free app that I dont want. Don't like all the scrolling on my phone either. Old GUI allowed me to zoom out and see a whole player card, stats, standings, etc. Haven't tried the desktop version yet. Can't there be a user setting to revert back to the old format?
10/15/2015 5:19 PM
I'm surprised there's so much grouchy feedback. Personally, it's more compatible with my smartphone's Chrome browser than with my PC's Chrome, but after about 45 minutes I got the hang of things on PC. Most of my PC incombatibility issues were solved by maximizing all pop-up windows to full-screen. I do like the miniature windows too, but full-screen kinda de-bugged it for me a bit. It may sound a bit silly but I appreciate how colorful it is and I really like the font. 

Similar to other users I've noticed very minor annoyances like how somebody mentioned that when you are going thru pitching staffs, let's say you're on LoA and you need to activate/deactivate, and then go to edit rosters, it takes you to a different level like HiA or whatever. I would also request that during the playoffs I want to see my minor league results on the front page.

Also, I happened to notice that the devs removed those cute little icons for DITR and I am extremely pleased by that, I've been hoping for improvement to the DITR area of the game as it relates to Coaching and ADV scout. Give me the ability to manufacture a higher volume of ML players in a merit-based fashion regardless of where I drafted them, and let me keep them a secret from everybody else. 

It's a great update it just takes a few hours to get used to
10/15/2015 5:30 PM
Why some people would threaten to leave the game, right when the devs are trying to improve it, makes no sense to me. Be happy that time and effort is being out into the game finally.
10/15/2015 5:38 PM
torrone - what device and browser + browser version are you using?
10/15/2015 5:39 PM
Posted by tzentmeyer on 10/15/2015 5:39:00 PM (view original):
torrone - what device and browser + browser version are you using?
I have a windows 7 laptop and IE11. It is working properly in Chrome.
10/15/2015 6:52 PM (edited)
Posted by keithjs on 10/15/2015 5:38:00 PM (view original):
Why some people would threaten to leave the game, right when the devs are trying to improve it, makes no sense to me. Be happy that time and effort is being out into the game finally.
One man's improvement is another man's problem.  

I can't imagine a scenario, in any business, where change is met with 100% approval.

10/15/2015 6:15 PM
Anyway, not a fan but, because of the new handy, dandy Franchise Center, I know I've got 64 days to become a fan.   So I'll offer my opinion for adjustments.

Virtually no one cares about the Headlines.   It's at the top left.  I'd flip it with the Standings.    Second, the In Box is mostly filled with stuff no one reads(or maybe it's just me).    Flip it with the World Chat on the left hand side.

10/15/2015 6:46 PM
Was using Windows 8 and IE10 (don't laugh.  OK, go ahead and laugh) on my laptop.  Text and buttons and dropdown boxes were scattered randomly about the various pages.  Was a complete train wreck.  I've installed Chrome and everything works properly now.

The only issue I have with Chrome is that the shade of color used, for example, to highlight today's date on the League Schedule or to highlight a sortable stat category/column on the Waiver Wire is much too light and provides virtually no contrast with the rest of the page to the point of being practically nonexistent. 
10/15/2015 6:52 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/15/2015 6:46:00 PM (view original):
Anyway, not a fan but, because of the new handy, dandy Franchise Center, I know I've got 64 days to become a fan.   So I'll offer my opinion for adjustments.

Virtually no one cares about the Headlines.   It's at the top left.  I'd flip it with the Standings.    Second, the In Box is mostly filled with stuff no one reads(or maybe it's just me).    Flip it with the World Chat on the left hand side.

This is scrolling thing.   Probably makes no difference on a phone or pad.    Desktop fix.

Which, I imagine, few care about.

10/15/2015 6:57 PM
I just noticed that I have classify buttons for all players in the world, not just my own. The colored dots show up next to their names only some of the time, for example, in the next game's starting pitcher, or on the probable lineup page, but the classification remains if I close and re-open the player card.
10/15/2015 7:15 PM (edited)
Maybe this update was considered necessary to market to phone users. But I predict it will drive away long-time
paying customers like the updates in GD did 3-4 years ago...and GD never recovered. 
I know I will be playing out my seasons and returning my full focus to SimLeague baseball-until they mess with that too
10/15/2015 7:16 PM
Season about to start and pitchers who are listed as rest, I add them to a role(setup b for example) and after a page refresh they reset, whether I click on save role or not. Chrome, Windows 10.
10/15/2015 7:18 PM
I think the in-game play by play/ box score needs more contrast. Everything is so light in color its tough to read the text each inning. 
10/15/2015 7:31 PM
Posted by keithjs on 10/15/2015 5:38:00 PM (view original):
You're never going to make everybody happy, no matter what you do.

You could stand on a busy street corner passing out $100 bills to everybody, and somebody would find something to complain about.
10/15/2015 8:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...35 Next ▸
October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.