October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

On the World Office page, the small link next to "Next Big League Matchup" says "Scores" when it should say "Schedule".  It correctly links to the schedule page.
10/22/2015 7:47 AM
Posted by alogman1 on 10/22/2015 7:32:00 AM (view original):
I'm highly irritated by having to do a second click on the player profile page to get to ML Service years.  Finding out/Confirming ML Service years is a primary reason I go to a player profile page.  That fact that it's not there initially and only available on a second click, is annoying.  
Yes.  Based on the changes it seems "user feedback" was "I'd really like to click a lot more in order to see useful information".

The issue you're speaking of combined with the loss of notifications and notification links makes things much harder.  It's like the goal was to make things more difficult.
10/22/2015 8:15 AM
Posted by alogman1 on 10/22/2015 7:32:00 AM (view original):
I'm highly irritated by having to do a second click on the player profile page to get to ML Service years.  Finding out/Confirming ML Service years is a primary reason I go to a player profile page.  That fact that it's not there initially and only available on a second click, is annoying.  
I'd suggest a user display preferences page, where we could customize things such as "open player profile" with less or more detail.

I'm sure there are a number of things that can be identified for personal customization.

10/22/2015 8:21 AM
I agree tec. Lots of web pages these days are customizable. What I may like on my homepage may not be the same for other players. People will always gripe no matter what WIS does. Customizing seems to be the best solution for the vast majority of players on this site
10/22/2015 8:58 AM
Notification alerts are back in this AM; was a whiff on our part as we inadvertently removed.

We also addressed the accent over the "e" in the offensive player name mentioned earlier in the thread (since removed).

10/22/2015 9:38 AM (edited)
alogman1 - regarding ML service years, is there a specific page where you typically look for that info? Such as opening player profile from Free-Agent Report?
10/22/2015 9:37 AM
I can't speak for alogman1, but I think the 'advanced details' in the player card should be viewable w/o a click.  that's where I look for the information.

10/22/2015 9:52 AM
Posted by tzentmeyer on 10/22/2015 9:37:00 AM (view original):
alogman1 - regarding ML service years, is there a specific page where you typically look for that info? Such as opening player profile from Free-Agent Report?
I open player profiles from the Edit Roster page to see ML service years in order to determine placement in my system.  I look at this in conjunction with current/projected ratings.  Preseason this can be 50+ players per team.   I do it when Rookie League starts as well.  I realize this is on the Status Info page, but I'm looking at the current/projected ratings while doing this, so don't want to be flipping back and forth.

Also, the fact that ML Service Years is no longer accessible during Arbitration (on the player page after clicking Arbitrate)  is bothersome.  It's an extra 3 clicks per player (Player Profile, View Advanced Details, Close) and when you have multiple players being arb'd, it adds up.  
10/22/2015 10:12 AM
When making pitching changes, I get a message saying I have two pitchers at the same position, when I actually do not.

I can tap "save roles" a second time and changes will go through without any further corrections.

Android 5.1
Chrome browser
10/22/2015 12:42 PM
Here is a bright idea, how about giving us the option of having the old website and look, since some of us will hardly ever access the site via a mobile phone?  I mean in the past, if I really knew I'd be doing HBD on the road, it was easier for me to just tap into my mobile phone and use it as a personal hotspot, then view the site using my laptop.  That certainly was easier than what we have now with a total different look and feel and for me, a lot of inaccessible features.  A new thing I am noticing, I have accessible links that the system detects but they don't open anything when I am in my inbox and looking at feedback on things like player contract nigociations.
10/22/2015 1:15 PM
I'd vote for suspending play for four or five days while all of this is worked on.  I miss the old game which was so easy for me to use and frankly manage.
10/22/2015 1:16 PM
Also, I have no links that I can click on from the front page that take me to my trade chat, my trade submission screen where I can built and review trades, having all of that again would be very useful for me right about now, as I am looking at a couple deals I'd like to make in a world.  But no time for dealing right now, too big of a gamble with all of this mess.
10/22/2015 1:21 PM
I am having a problem with the Clipboard since the update.  I am in Firefox right now.  When I click on a player to add to the Clipboard and then try and paste it in the forum I will get a completely different player than I had chosen. 
10/22/2015 2:32 PM
Posted by gdmetz on 10/22/2015 9:52:00 AM (view original):
I can't speak for alogman1, but I think the 'advanced details' in the player card should be viewable w/o a click.  that's where I look for the information.

+2

10/22/2015 10:12 PM

Also, having trouble moving pitchers from Rest to Active Roster in Spring Training.  Seems like there is a limit now.  Assign pitchers as Set Up A, save, and they end up back in Rest.

10/22/2015 10:14 PM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18...35 Next ▸
October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.