October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 11/12/2015 2:03:00 PM (view original):
Drop and Drag has it's uses.    If I'm not mistaken, Yahoo uses it for NCAA bracket.   I love it.   Of course, I set my bracket one time and I work "backwards".    I ask myself "Who will win?" and drag that team all the way over to the winner's slot.   "Who will they beat?", same process.  "Who are the other final 4?", "Who is the elite 8?" and then I fill in the games to get there.    Setting a line-up can be done 3 times a day.   When fatigue hits, I'm subbing players in/out, resting and resetting the order.  Drop and Drag sucks for that.

It's not that I'm old(although I am).   It's that I understand the difference between "needlessly time consuming" and "efficient". 

How is 18 clicks to move a player from 1 to 9 in the lineup and everyone else up one spot more efficient and less time consuming compared to one click and drag?   How is endless scrolling through a list of 32+ players to find where you had a conflict in putting the same number during spring training more efficient and less time consuming than swapping him in the lineup with two clicks and then one click and drag to place him in the correct order?  

I think for what you're doing, subbing players in and out resting, and resetting the order, it will actually be less clicks doing drag and drop than doing the numbers, once you get used to it.   
11/12/2015 2:13 PM
Is it 18 clicks?   I move my 1B/leadoff to rest(1 click).   I move my 6 hitter to leadoff(1 click).   I move my bench guy to 6(1 click).   No scrolling.     The way it is I swap bench guy and 1.   I swap bench guy and 6 hitter.   I open rest.   I move leadoff to rest.   It's an extra step and it requires scrolling and dragging for all of them.   Multiply that by 30 during ST and it's time-consuming.

Are you saying, after a month, I'm just not used to it?    Or that I just don't understand what I'm doing?   Because, either way, I imagine you can imagine my two word response. 
11/12/2015 2:20 PM
alogman Your example only works if the majority of the time you want to make your leadoff hitter your #9 and move everyone else up one spot. Not sure I have ever done that much less done it often.
11/12/2015 2:20 PM
I find opening rest a pain. The rest of it well I'm getting used to it.
11/12/2015 2:23 PM
When the drop down was 1-9, B, R.   It was one click.   Done and done.   Now it's drop, drag, scroll.   Repeatedly.   It's a pain in the *** on a desktop.   Maybe, on a phone, it's wonderful.   I'm never going to play HBD on my phone.   I'm not going to change line-ups at the bar, in the gym, at the field, driving to work, walking the dogs, grocery shopping or anywhere I'm out amongst people.   Smartphones do anything but keep you connected.   They disconnect you from the world around you.

Now I have to go yell at some kids on my lawn.    But smartphones distract people from the world.

11/12/2015 2:24 PM
Yeah can't say I like it just that I'm getting used to it. I haven't had to go through ST yet.
11/12/2015 2:26 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/12/2015 2:20:00 PM (view original):
Is it 18 clicks?   I move my 1B/leadoff to rest(1 click).   I move my 6 hitter to leadoff(1 click).   I move my bench guy to 6(1 click).   No scrolling.     The way it is I swap bench guy and 1.   I swap bench guy and 6 hitter.   I open rest.   I move leadoff to rest.   It's an extra step and it requires scrolling and dragging for all of them.   Multiply that by 30 during ST and it's time-consuming.

Are you saying, after a month, I'm just not used to it?    Or that I just don't understand what I'm doing?   Because, either way, I imagine you can imagine my two word response. 
Yes, I'm saying exactly that after a month you're just not used to it and don't understand what you're doing.  Or Not.

I guess we have different ways of doing things and for me the new lineup format works better and for you it doesn't.  You could say the same thing about several of the many, many format things they've tinkered with in updates 1-1000 since the roll out.  I think you even said in one of your previous posts that they're not going to please everyone no matter what they do, some will like it, some will not.   Just letting it be known, that I will be equally as annoyed as you are now if they go back to the numbers because that was a pain the arse for me.  
11/12/2015 2:32 PM
For me it's a "mobile device vs PC" discussion when it comes to drag-and-drop.  Drag-and-drop is great on a PC, totally sucks on a phone.  I'd be a fan of using the drop-down method for the mobile site, and keep the drag-and-drop method for the desktop site.

Or, shoot, have it be an advanced setting that you get to pick, if easily-possible from a development perspective.
11/12/2015 2:47 PM
Posted by crickett13 on 11/12/2015 2:21:00 PM (view original):
alogman Your example only works if the majority of the time you want to make your leadoff hitter your #9 and move everyone else up one spot. Not sure I have ever done that much less done it often.
Yes, it was one of the most extreme examples, but it is still apparent to me the numbers can be a pain in a lot of situations, requiring a lot more clicks and time than drag and drop.  

And re: Rest - don't you just have to Open Rest once and then it stays open?  

I see a lot more pros to the draggable lineups vs. the old school numbers.  But I doubt I am going to sway anyone who hates it, and they certainly aren't going to persuade me that the numbers method is better, so it's kind of a pointless debate - just wanted to make my opinion known that I think the click and drag lineups are great. 
11/12/2015 2:49 PM
I'll put it this way.     I hated it more than I hate it now.   But, after a month, if I still hate, I'm going to hate it forever.   I think, had it been this way when I started, I'm one and done.    The pitching is the old way, the hitting is the new way.   I much prefer doing pitching changes than line-up changes.    The fact that they aren't the same is astounding.    And leads me to believe they have the technology to let us pick which way we'd prefer.

Rest stays open a long as you have someone in rest.   Once it's empty, it closes.    If you're moving 2-3 guys in/out based on fatigue, it's more pain in the *** moving.

And, as I said long ago, the constant scrolling is not my friend.  

11/12/2015 3:14 PM
Posted by krw160 on 11/3/2015 8:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by krw160 on 10/30/2015 9:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tzentmeyer on 10/26/2015 9:10:00 AM (view original):
rwings1927 - we will look into trade chat display issue on the device you mentioned

outlaw 6-4-3 -
we will look into the issue you mentioned

skilly006 -
can you provide some specifics so we know what to review?

dherz_263 - we will review the IFA bug you mentioned.

krw160 - we should be hitting this one early this week

dedelman / tecwrg - you can still view every world page you used to be able for in worlds you are not in.  use quick links at bottom, then nav menu like normal.

Still no change for me. I cannot manage my roster through the GM page, as the button to select the player is blocked by the "letterbox" - aling with the nane. I have guys on my ML roster tgat I cannot move to the DL because of this.
TZentmeyer - got your sitemail but it wont let me respond directly. I can't provide a screenshot. Please roll out whatever fix you have. I cannot resign my free agents for next year due to the new format's incompatibility with my phone.
I still haven't heard anything. Can anyone help? Someone in my world chat thought some users had to change settings on their cell phones to make the update work? Is this the case?  I'm winding down my last season on a 4 pack and I have to decide whether I'm re-upping with another 4 or if I just drop the team, since I can't view box scores and make roster moves from my phone.
11/12/2015 7:28 PM
Posted by tzentmeyer on 11/11/2015 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Follow up questions to a few recent posts in this thread:

mm646433
- will review windows phone items you mentioned
gdmetz - can you elaborate on the trade / cash item you mentioned
btoy1975 - can you elaborate on player stats issue? what page?
btoy1975 - for pitching staff drop down activation, what device?

MikeT23, gdmetz, raidersfan, dherz_263, brianp87, sportsboy010, keeid12x
We continue to read your posts and are definitely listening.  The more specific you can be when mentioning issues, the better it is for us so we can understand the complaint. It's also important to let us know what device and browser you are using because each can result in different experiences.  

MikeT23 - your Edit Lineup post is an example that really helps us - you talk a bit about how you use the page and what you find frustrating. Thank you.

For me, personally it's a look and feel that's more focused on administration rather than game play, which is possibly what's leading myself and others to perceive this as more work and less fun. I've noticed that even when I'm on the site, I'm not actually checking the play by play, occasionally I'll look at the box score.

I have always enjoyed maintaining my minor league teams as much or more so than the major league teams. Now I feel less interested in doing that, although I cannot specify why.

I'd have really enjoyed the addition of some sort of automated text summary of games, this is a feature that is available in free fantasy football leagues, and it seems like an actual newspaper article or blog. Those sorts of updates are huge value adds, this update is mostly a lot more clicks and different look and feel, with an actually less enjoyable game play and administration experience
11/13/2015 9:55 AM
krw160 - can you please create a support ticket so we can share details easier? Thank you
11/13/2015 1:25 PM
I will just say this once and I'll yell it from the mountain top. DROP AND DRAG NO MATTER THE WEBSITE OR RESOURCE IS ALMOST ALWAYS INACCESSIBLE AND IF I CANNOT HAVE THE CHOICE OF SWITCHING TO A MORE ACCESSIBLE INTERFACE WITH PULLDOWN BOXES, CHECKBOXES, RADIO BUTTONS, OR SOMETHING VERY SIMILAR, THEN I HAVE LITERALLY BEEN FORCED OUT OF THIS GAME. MY LINEUP CHANGE REQUEST IS NOW 3 DAYS OLD AND STILL IT HAS NOT BEEN PROCESSED, A REQUEST THAT WOULD BE COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY IF THE LINEUP WOULD BE MANAGED THE SAME WAY AS THE NUFFING PITCHING STAFF. IF THIS IS NOT FIXED, I WILL LET MY TEAMS EXPIRE ONCE NEXT SEASONS HAVE COME AND GONE AND I WILL NOT INVEST A DIME OF MY TIME OR MONEY AGAIN. WONDER IF THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN THE CASE IF WIS WERE OWNED BY ESPN!
11/13/2015 3:57 PM
reggiedeal - we are actively working on a solution for you on the Edit Lineups page.  It's not a trivial change.
11/13/2015 4:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...23|24|25|26|27...35 Next ▸
October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.