Possible to Re-sign? Topic

I've got a FA pitcher who says he is "Filing for free agency no matter what" but it allows me to make him offers. He's not worth max money or close to it but I would like to keep him. Anyone know of a min % above asking price where a guy like this will accept?
10/22/2015 11:20 AM
From what I've seen, when it says "Filing no matter what"  there's no chance he'll resign, he's going to Free Agency.  If he says "Unless you surprise me with a really great offer, I'm filing..." about a 30% bump from ask seems to work.  
10/22/2015 12:10 PM
Thanks!
That was what I thought, but was unsure as it had been a few seasons since I had anyone in this situation.
10/22/2015 12:49 PM
I have had players say that then change their minds after rollover. Matter of fact, that just happened with my closer in Kinsella. Dumbass ....er, loyal employee....probably cost himself more than $5M per year.
10/22/2015 1:35 PM
Posted by alogman1 on 10/22/2015 12:10:00 PM (view original):
From what I've seen, when it says "Filing no matter what"  there's no chance he'll resign, he's going to Free Agency.  If he says "Unless you surprise me with a really great offer, I'm filing..." about a 30% bump from ask seems to work.  
20% has worked when I've had the big-offer message. The exclusive negotiating window is long enough you can try that first then go to 25% and 30% if needed.
10/22/2015 4:27 PM
Similar question - if I offer my FA a max deal, can I assume that I am going to get him since he's already on my team?
10/22/2015 6:02 PM
Posted by keithjs on 10/22/2015 6:02:00 PM (view original):
Similar question - if I offer my FA a max deal, can I assume that I am going to get him since he's already on my team?
You get a loyalty bonus, but it's not a given that you will get him, if someone offers the same bid.   Other tiebreakers are relevant IQs of the coaching staff and ballpark.  
10/22/2015 6:18 PM
Possible to Re-sign? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.