To put a bow on this, I sent a follow-up Saturday morning.

11/21/2015 8:35 AM MikeT23
72 hours later, he has still not checked this team. Are you going to let this team remain abandoned when an option is right in front of you? Do you think this is good for HBD, Foxx or WifS? Have you tried to contact him?

They transferred an hour ago and thanked me for my patience.  I could go on and on about how silly it was to leave this team abandoned for 6 days then transferring based on that last ticket but that would be pointless.   It's done and the world is better off for it.

11/23/2015 10:42 AM
Posted by pjfoster13 on 11/20/2015 3:33:00 PM (view original):
maybe they did it just to f with you because they knew you'd respond exactly the way you did, and just wanted to get a rise out of you. I'd have done the same thing, maybe learn some socialization skills
You'd learn some socialization skills? Always a good thing.

Punctuation matters ;)
11/23/2015 12:26 PM
So, since they just did a transfer for me, I shouldn't even open this up again but, what the hell, I'm MikeT23 and it's what I do.

Before Thanksgiving, they sent a support ticket response to another commish and added a snippy "Tell MikeT23 that yours was done because he posted the request in the WC" or something like that.   Which ****** me off because, if you want to tell me something, do it yourself.  I'm not hard to find.   I expressed my displeasure and dropped it.   Didn't even bother to open their response(which was a lame "We didn't mean to offend.  Sorry").

But then I had another TC request to be replaced.    So I opened it and had a few exchanges.   At some point, I asked EXACTLY what they required to do a transfer.  They responded with a lengthy list.   In that list was "trade chat".   So I asked why dwoolery's trade chat wasn't good enough.   They said it wasn't "clear".   I called bullshit and threw out "first graders would know what he wanted" to just be insulting.

Nonetheless, I sent them copies of trade chats yesterday and the transfer was done moments ago.    I'm still "WTF?" with regards to dwoolery but I'm pretty sure they know they screwed up and, because I can be a jerk, decided to jerk me around. 

Goddam internet.

12/10/2015 11:13 AM
I won't post the entire exchange but their response is their "official" policy, I assume.

12/8/2015 1:37 PM MikeT23
Did you attempt to reach out to dwoolery? Or did you simply ask me to do it for you? Was there any question, when he sent a TC stating "replace me" and didn't check in for 15 days, that he no longer wanted the team?

So, to use your term, First off: As customers, I think we deserve consistency from customer support. We do NOT get that.

Second off: As customers, we get that you do not WANT to transfer teams. So, if your policy will be "We DON'T transfer teams", so be it. We'll all live with it.

Third off: If your policy isn't "We DON'T transfer teams", please explain the acceptable guidelines for team transfer and the obvious exceptions to those acceptable guidelines.

The users have kept this game running while WifS/FOX has ignored it. During those 4-5 years, we didn't ask for a lot. But, now, I'm asking for your guidelines for replacing owners. I don't want to waste my time or effort in doing so if there are unknown exceptions to your acceptable guidelines. Use small words because I obviously don't understand. Or, quite possibly, you don't understand what I'm asking.

So I'll re-phrase: What is required to replace an owner? Are there exceptions?
12/8/2015 1:47 PM Customer Support
The only exceptions, other than outlined in the Terms of Use/Fairplay Guidelines, is that when the world is early into a new season (about a week or two after it fills), we will try to reach out an abandoned owner because we have noticed that it is common for owners to miss the email that you receive when a world fills. We have had "Where did my team go?" tickets due to early season replacements of this kind.
Also, a common misconception, when an owner is in violation of any Fairplay Guidelines, we require that they be notified by support/admin, and then be given ample time to correct the issue, and then a replacement can be made if they are still in violation.
If an active owner requests to be replaced, we require clear confirmation from that owner. We did not see this in the case with dwoolery.
Replacement owners: We require that any replacement owner have a minimum of 3 full seasons of HBD experience and also require that they are not actively managing a transferred franchise.

We do not 'police' transfers or violations. If a transfer is requested, it is up to the commissioner of the world, or current owner if public world, to facilitate all that is needed for the transfer to occur.

We think that just about covers everything you should need.

Thank you!

12/10/2015 11:17 AM
Goddammit.   Wishy-washy CS is costing me long-time owners.

Some are familiar with Draft Tournament World.   I won't go into it but someone petitioned them to create a world so they could do this 4 season tourney over and over again.     CS said "yes".    Now they say "no".    Long-time owners are dropping HBD. 

Thanks, Obama.

1/19/2016 2:00 PM
FWIW, when they initially told that group "no", I thought it was a good call.    JoeSchmoe sees his world not filling then notices a Season 1 world.   Next post is "What the hell are they doing??!?!   We've been sitting for 48 days and they're creating new worlds!?!?!?!?  WTF??!?!??!?!"    However, once CS reversed course and said "Yes, we can do that", they had to KNOW the 25ish owners involved would be ******. 

Just weak thinking. 

1/19/2016 2:10 PM
1/19/2016 5:29 PM MikeT23
Please transfer the San Francisco franchise from rockindock to maxdeardorff. TC from max, SM from rock.

--------------------------------

maxdeardorff 1/19/2016 5:19 PM
Sure, I'd love to.
MikeT23 1/19/2016 1:15 PM
Knowing that you have a MG team, do you want a Coop also? ST is ending and I've got another guy quitting HBD.

-----------------------------------

rockindock
To:
MikeT23
Received:
1/19/2016 12:33:00 PM
Subject:
Cooperstown
Mike, I'm quitting HBD. Please find a replacement for me as soon as you can. I will stay until you find one.
Thanks,
Don

-------------------------------------------

Thanks
Mike
1/20/2016 12:01 PM MikeT23
Can we get this done? ST just ended.
----------------------------

rockindock 1/20/2016 11:18 AM
Thanks, the team is ready.
MikeT23 1/20/2016 8:52 AM
I sent a ticket yesterday afternoon. You should be replaced today. If you decide to come back to HBD, you'll be welcome here.

---------------------------

Thanks
Mike
1/20/2016 3:07 PM MikeT23
Is there a reason for the delay?
1/20/2016 6:53 PM MikeT23
Is rockindock's sitemail unclear?

Are you unsure if maxdeardorff wants the team?

Was it a National holiday?
1/20/2016 6:54 PM
Like you have pointed out, it depends on who you get in CS.

I got the same sitemail from rock at 12:38pm yesterday.  I had a new owner confirmed at 1:37pm.  Ticket submitted at 1:47pm.  Transfer completed at 2:18pm.

1/20/2016 7:42 PM
That's why I keep asking.   I'm hoping I get the competent guy.
1/20/2016 7:48 PM
keep hoping
1/21/2016 7:18 AM
Hasn't happened yet.   Season starts today.   May as well **** around for a week or so before taking action.

Worst part is in an identical situation a couple of days earlier, they replaced the guy the next morning.   This one, I can't even get a response.

1/21/2016 9:51 AM
Want me to ask for you?  They seem to listen to me.  Might be because I say "please", "thank you", and I give them candy.
1/21/2016 10:04 AM
I don't give candy but they replaced foulballz in about 15 hours(7 PM ticket, 10 AM replacement) the day before without the candy.    Same exact situation in the same world.
1/21/2016 10:06 AM
Kit Kats.  ADMIN loves 'em.

It can't hurt.

1/21/2016 10:12 AM
See?  The Kit Kats got the job done.
1/21/2016 11:41 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.