Consulting with his mother Topic

Does the pick ever sign when that's his draft consultant? Would have to make a trade to free up cash to sign him. Don't want to bother if he is just going to go back to college anyway.
10/12/2016 6:09 PM
Hasn't happened to me, I've seen it happen to another owner. Probably very rare, and I doubt anyone could give you reasonable odds on how likely it is.

10/13/2016 7:29 AM
I've had it happen but it isn't the norm.
10/14/2016 9:52 AM
I once had one of these guys sign the very next cycle after he told me he would think about it. So, at AM2 cycle, I offered his demands, at PM1 he told me "I'm thinking about it." At PM2, he signed the deal. That's the only time I've ever see it though. Worst case, if you free up the cash and he returns to school, you get pick compensation.
10/17/2016 5:08 PM
I rarely ever offer these guys anything. They usually are not worth what they are asking.
10/17/2016 7:08 PM
So he rejected with a new demand. Does anyone know if the second demand is ever rejected before I decide if I want to really hurt a playoff team to free up the money to make an offer?
10/26/2016 2:36 AM
Right now I believe you are eligible for the Type D pick next season, as long as you don't make a new offer to him. Up to you to decide if you really want to keep going after him. As you've already heard, it's a long shot that he'd accept the second offer. Could happen, but the odds are probably against it.

10/26/2016 7:23 AM
I have never had them not accept after asking for a new demand. If you meet that new demand, I have always had them sign immediately.
10/26/2016 11:42 AM
I just had one that only his mother would talk to me and said he was going back to school. During playoffs finally flipped and upped his demands but i had no cash left.
10/27/2016 8:47 PM
Player Profile: Louie Kondou eventually signed after 9 or 10 tries, at the end of the season I offered him my entire leftover prospect budget and he accepted
11/1/2016 4:25 PM
Consulting with his mother Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.