playing as a team in Tacoma Topic

First time playing here. I picked Tacoma not knowing the ball park stats. It's -4 across the board apparently!!! How do I go about picking players for this this type of ball park? Or is it not really a big deal?
1/4/2017 8:33 PM
There are some basics, strong D but that's kinda anywhere. But contact and speed guys, cut down on Ks steal some bags.
1/4/2017 10:41 PM
Lots of speed and good base running. If you get a guy on first, you want him to steal second. Every hit needs to count in a pitchers park. Picking players with a good eye is helpful as well, lots of walks to get guys on base.

After that there is debate. A lot of owners will tell you that you can be more lenient on pitching and defense because the park will make up for it. This strategy works but I like creating a defensive nightmare for other teams. By having strong defense and pitching you can essentially lock other teams down and make your pitching staff stretch further. You'll win a lot of 1-0 games this way. Not pretty, but effective.
1/5/2017 8:36 AM
The park will suppress hits and runs. So you want your team to do things that play to that. More walks for your hitters, less walks for your pitchers. The ball will stay in the park so I think defense is a little more important, you don't want to give away free bases.

Get used to your team hitting only .260 (team stats) or so at very best. And for power hitters, 40 HRs is a great season. But what you sacrifice in offense, you should take back in improved pitching performance.

I had a mediocre team in Detroit, but had drafted decent pitching. I moved the team to Chicago (Wrigley) for four seasons in hopes of artificially inflating my offense, and got killed by visiting teams racking up runs. Moved the team to Portland and I personally prefer the results and style of play.

1/5/2017 11:59 AM
Oh! Bonus of playing in a pichers park, meet your new best friend.

https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=5662605

People shy away from the 0 GB/FB. In a park like Wrigley he'd probably get murdered, but in SD he produces a 3-3.5 era worth 10-15 wins a season. Drafted him 27th in a crummy draft year.
1/5/2017 12:55 PM
Cool, thanks guys...
1/5/2017 3:08 PM
Posted by hockey1984 on 1/5/2017 12:56:00 PM (view original):

People shy away from the 0 GB/FB. In a park like Wrigley he'd probably get murdered, but in SD he produces a 3-3.5 era worth 10-15 wins a season. Drafted him 27th in a crummy draft year.
dang, what happened in season 39?
1/5/2017 3:10 PM
Posted by jaggedendz on 1/5/2017 3:10:00 PM (view original):

So thats the funny thing, he was injured twice with arm injuries. Thanks to the injury bug he actually came back with better ratings.

Some people on HBD insist that you know a pitcher is going down with an injury because the put up god awful numbers. MikeT insists that is not the case and its just an odd coincidence.

If he is reading this I'm sure he will respond that season 39 was just SSS (small sample size) but it is food for thought though.
1/5/2017 3:15 PM
Would you like me to produce the multitude of examples where guys pitched well but still got hurt?

I won't but, trust me, you'll find plenty if you look.
1/5/2017 3:30 PM
So could I, but that doesn't help my arguement.

Ps- jaggedendz, you badly need a SS and a CF. (both should have over 85 range and glove)
1/5/2017 6:45 PM
Posted by hockey1984 on 1/5/2017 6:45:00 PM (view original):
So could I, but that doesn't help my arguement.

Ps- jaggedendz, you badly need a SS and a CF. (both should have over 85 range and glove)
Thanks man. I appreciate that...
1/6/2017 3:22 AM
yw
1/6/2017 7:41 AM
Posted by hockey1984 on 1/5/2017 3:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jaggedendz on 1/5/2017 3:10:00 PM (view original):

So thats the funny thing, he was injured twice with arm injuries. Thanks to the injury bug he actually came back with better ratings.

Some people on HBD insist that you know a pitcher is going down with an injury because the put up god awful numbers. MikeT insists that is not the case and its just an odd coincidence.

If he is reading this I'm sure he will respond that season 39 was just SSS (small sample size) but it is food for thought though.
This is starting to get a tad off the original topic but this is the exact sort of thing I'm anticipating/expecting for Player Profile: Morgan Washington ... currently at 6.00 1.35 .271/.319/.472, 4 quality starts out of 22 is a tad off his career 3.38 1.19 with .239/.297/.358, ouch. He must be broken somehow, but we're hoping for some exotic injury that probably isn't coming, we have 20 medical so I'd love to see a shoulder aneurysm instead of seeing him get shelled in 80% of his appearances
1/10/2017 5:45 PM
playing as a team in Tacoma Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.