Awesome job TK ... WLU was hoping to get an honorable mention in your rankings ... but we will hopefully represent when Southwestern comes to town. We just may be that paper tiger ... we're slow and plodding and don't play great D, but we can shoot the lights out better than anyone in DIII!!
2/14/2013 12:28 PM
No love for Nebraska Wesleyan coming off a sweet 16 year? Just the chip my players need!
2/14/2013 2:09 PM
I'll be doing another one at the end of non-con!

2/14/2013 9:39 PM
tk - nice work on the predictions and thanks for the vote of confidence, hope I miss you in the NT this year
2/15/2013 2:31 PM
Posted by ixolabrat on 2/14/2013 12:28:00 PM (view original):
Awesome job TK ... WLU was hoping to get an honorable mention in your rankings ... but we will hopefully represent when Southwestern comes to town. We just may be that paper tiger ... we're slow and plodding and don't play great D, but we can shoot the lights out better than anyone in DIII!!
That was about as even a game as it could get.  You did shoot the lights out and took me down...this time
2/17/2013 12:39 PM
Counting Down the Top 10, 10 Games into the Season

#10- Southwestern (Record: 8-2, Coached by: yanks250125, Conference: University, WIS Ranking: #18, RPI: 25, Previously: 5)

Southwestern lost some tough games and didn't really have a great win.  In fact, they lost to undefeated Washington and Lee who is not on the list, but I'm doing these rankings on who I think the better team is, not solely on the resumé.  I would still take Southwestern to beat W&L, which is why I have them on this list.  Matthew Vicknair leads them into University play, where they will face a daunting conference schedule.  
2/18/2013 3:30 PM
#9- Hanover (Record: 7-3, Coached by bhizzy04, Conference: Heartland, WIS Ranking: #16, RPI: 19, Previously: #2)

Hanover really slipped in their final two games of the season, losing to Nebraska Wesleyan and then losing at Finlandia.  Neither of those are particularly bad losses, but based on how good Hanover was expected to be, they should have won at least one, if not both of those games.  As expected, Adam Eagle has been especially good.  
2/18/2013 3:35 PM
#8- Nebraska Wesleyan (Record: 7-3, Coached by: gvsujulius, Conference: Iowa IAC, WIS Ranking: #25, RPI: 9, Previously: Unranked)

With road wins over La Grange and Finlandia and home wins over Aurora and Hanover, as well as a 2OT loss to Emory, Nebraska Wesleyan proved they are a legitimate top 10 team.  They should sweep through their conference play and be 26-3 going into the conference tournament.  With such a young team, they should get better and better as the year goes on, but I doubt you will see them higher than #8 on this list.  
2/18/2013 3:44 PM
#7- Randolph-Macon (Record: 9-1, Coached by: pumphead, Conference: ODAC, WIS Ranking: #6, RPI: 4, Previously: Unranked)

They haven't had a particularly special non-conference season with a win at Haverford and a loss to Methodist. What I do like is the play of their senior line-up, especially James Brian.  Randolph-Macon is probably part of the hardest division in D3, the ODAC West.  While they won't come out of conference play unscathed, I think James Brian has the best chance to pick up ODAC POY.  
2/18/2013 7:35 PM
#6- Methodist (Record: 8-2, Coached by: dahsdebater, Conference: USA South, WIS Ranking: #11, RPI: 1, Previously: Unranked)

Methodist has had a strong non-conference showing, earning the best RPI and garnering wins against Randolph-Macon, Menlo, and Lynchburg.  Methodist's Larry Fleck has been their MVP so far.  
2/18/2013 9:23 PM
#5- Emory (Record 9-1, Coached by: dr39, Conference: University, WIS Ranking: #4, RPI: 11, Previously: Unranked)

Emory has had a stellar non-conference, winning games over Nebraska Wesleyan, Chicago, and Virginia Wesleyan.  
2/18/2013 9:25 PM
#4- Emory and Henry (Record: 8-2, Coached by: benwf, Conference: ODAC, WIS Ranking: #5, RPI: 8, Previously: #4)

E&H slipped up at Haverford in the first game and lost to a very good George Fox team in the last 3 seconds, but have wins against Marietta, reigning national champion MSE, and, most importantly, at Emory.  Their line-up is full of upper-classmen who are sure to make noise in the bloody ODAC West.  
2/18/2013 10:59 PM
#3- George Fox (Record: 9-1, Coached by: tr5cymcgrady, Conference: Northwest, WIS Ranking: #8, RPI: 18, Previously: #6)

After losing their very first game to Denison, the proceeded to win at Staten Island, at Lake Erie, at Emory and Henry, and at Western New England.  The play of their juniors has really impressed me, especially Steve McIlwain.  I will be very excited for their conference game against Chapman in a few days, it should hopefully back up this ranking.  
2/18/2013 11:05 PM
#2- Roanoke (Record: 10-0, Coached by: tkimble, Conference: ODAC, WIS Ranking: #2, RPI: 15, Previously: #3)

Roanoke has definitely taken care of business thus far.  Roanoke won at Rutgers of Newark (RPI 39) by 35, at home against Susquehanna by 17, and at home against Nebraska Wesleyan by 19.  Heading into the hardest conference, though, Roanoke will no doubt be tested some more.  The most interesting thing about this team is probably the amount of 3s taken, 319, which basically means we jack 32 3s per game (about 10 more than anyone else).  And we're shooting 46%.  I love this team.  
2/18/2013 11:22 PM
#1- Colorado (Record: 10-0, Coached by: shqipta, Conference: SCIAC, WIS Ranking: #1, RPI: 7, Previously: #1)

Colorado hasn't slipped up yet, although they haven't really played anybody.  I fully expect them to go into the NT undefeated.  Alex Boyes has been killing it, averaging 28.7 points per game, good for 2nd in the nation.  He is a beast.  
2/18/2013 11:28 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.