No Quitters!! #15-league full and playing Topic

In previous rollovers No Quitters has had anywhere from 0 to 4 openings. We are 2 days from rollover and have no confirmed departures but several teams without an *. Experience tells me there will be a couple of openings. If you are interested in joining a long term stable, highly competitive league please leave a message below and you will be placed on the waitlist and considered for any open teams.

Available teams is 3 - teams to be posted 2/26/10
2/24/2010 11:26 AM
Add me to the list please!
2/24/2010 11:43 AM
Doesn't get any better than NQ, looking forward to yet another fun season.
2/25/2010 11:12 AM
Any ideas what teams should be open so I can see what I'm working with?
2/25/2010 12:00 PM
Can you please add me to the list. Thanks
2/25/2010 3:54 PM
3 teams were not renewed - despite the league name and the commitment to 3 years we had 2 "Quitters"

Team 1) NL West = former Los Angles Vega Brothers - a one and done by Tmfran - the team has potential and some budding stars in the minors

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=2593

Team 2) AL south #1 former Jackson Barbells - owned by rbi1976 he "one and done"d No Quitters for a second time (guess I blew that one) - the team is high payroll but also won its division. A strong history but the lower minors are bare and the new owner will need to be careful

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=2568

Team 3) AL south #2 The Nashville Wecan'tsing - has hovered around .500 with a single owner for 14 years - never 1st in the division but 3 WC appearances, they were rarely last. The minors have fallen on hard times which was probably the indication the owner was not returning

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=2566

No Quitters is a highly competitive, low turnover league that does not condone or accept tanking or trade rape. Otherwise we are fairly easy going. As the owners usually respect the no tanking - no trade rape position of the league neither has been a significant issue. I have selectively accepted "newbie" owners (some have worked out/others have not), however, veterans are preferred (some have worked out/others have not). New Owners should commit to 3 years (this was and is the basis for the "no Quitters league name).

Sitemail grivfmd1 if interested

2/26/2010 1:21 PM
I might be interested in rejoining the world, if possible. Is the Nashville team in the AL?
2/26/2010 6:35 PM
shakazulu5 - please see your sitemail - yes Nashville is AL South, sorry meant to put that in the discription - now added
2/26/2010 7:27 PM
I'd like what ever team you could give me. Thanks
2/26/2010 7:49 PM
As a newbie who took his first franchise in No Quitters and has now entering his 8th season I can say that this league is outstanding. As mentioned, it is very low turnover- I think 3 is the most we've had in several seasons and two seasons ago we had everybody back if I recall correctly.

World Chat is fairly slow and laid back. Not a ton of bantering back and forth between owners, mostly just trade postings and comments on an unusual league. Most of the No Quitters aren't too social (as opposed to Happy Jack, which seems to get 20-30 WC postings a day) and just kind of sit back and build their teams. Personally, this is how I prefer it as there is never any bickering or arguing and if you want to post a player up for trade it won't get buried under random comment.

The league doesn't seem to have any trade-rapey owners and if it happens, the vetoes seem to be there. I don't recall having any issues with newbie trade rape.

The only thing I would say to a new owner is to be prepared to put in at least 3 seasons. There are a ton of skilled owners, many of whom have been in the league longer than me, which means that most of the franchises are very solid and you have to be patient and think long-term.
2/27/2010 1:11 AM
jtrinsey - thanks for reminding me why No Quitters!! has always considered "newbies" - some, like you, "make it" others have not. But the same is true of "veterans".
2/27/2010 6:34 AM
Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.
2/27/2010 9:39 AM
Nashville team's gone... who wants a piece of the AL South???
2/27/2010 2:27 PM
Hi jtrinsey, I wouldn't mind taking any team still available, I'm a newbie but can take a beating and keep on keepin on. I will send a sitemail to grivfmd1 as I have been in contact with him. Thanks for your consideration.
2/27/2010 2:37 PM
No Quitters!! #15-league full and playing Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.