No Quitters!!! S25 - at most need 1 (maybe none) Topic

No Quitters!!!! was founded on the principle that for a league to be stable and high quality the owners needed to be long term.  Therefore all new owners (and the old ones) are requested to stay a minimum of 3 seasons (hence the name), most have done so.  This gives enough opportunity to really learn the franchise and establish a workable budget.  Therefore, I am always disappointed when an owners stays only the minimum 3.  But alas, that was the case this season as the owner/gm of the Durham Demons is putting his team up for acquistion.  However HE has returned and all is right again in the No Quitters world.
9/30/2012 8:24 PM (edited)
Posted by grivfmd1 on 9/15/2012 10:19:00 AM (view original):
We may have what I thought I would never see - an abandoned 1st place team (hope the owner is OK), 12 days and counting.  Team had a BYE the 1st round of the playoffs but inattention caught up with it in round 2.  In 2 days you could take over this juggernaut for next season and see if you can do better.  Sitemail Grivfmd1  Milwaukee Wanderlust
PICK THIS TEAM UP TODAY AND BECOME A STAR/DYNASTY
9/17/2012 5:20 PM
Site mail sent!
9/18/2012 8:46 AM
will consider newbies, if they come recommended (or have significant experience in the real game) and understand the rules (esp the 3 season minimum)
9/30/2012 7:06 AM (edited)
TIME FOR THE HBD POLITICAL POLL!!

Those who favor Mr. Obama join the AL

Those who favor Mr Romney join the NL 

Those who want to gag and chuck lunch over this choice, can join either league.  Pick your poison  (obama is poison, Romney could be poison)

Sitemail Grivfmd1 with your selection
9/30/2012 8:27 PM (edited)
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.
10/1/2012 12:43 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 10/1/2012 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.
not running - but since he is dead will likely vote democratic (99% of the dead vote democratic) therefore 1 for Obama
10/1/2012 2:39 PM
How is there even a question? Romney is at best an incompetent, out-of-touch elitist and at worst the fulfillment of the evil Brigham Young's plans for world domination. Obama is the fulfillment of the American dream. A guy who has risen from humble beginnings based strictly on hard work and talent. He's kept the economy above water, if barely, with no help from Congress. Have you had a look at your retirement accounts lately? Compare that to where it was when Obama took office. The answer is "yes" I am clearly better off than four years ago. And we're only fighting one war at a time now. Still one too many, but Romney thinks we need more wars. 

All that said, I will not leave the National League. The DH is an abomination. I'm a conservative, when it comes to baseball.  
10/2/2012 9:54 AM

Must be a MSNBC watcher.

10/2/2012 11:25 AM

Prospective Owners- please note Griv has been trying for days to provoke the owners in this world into a political debate and you can see the result above. So if you are looking for a civil, drama free world with quality owners this is it.

As an aside, this Ohio-based voter will be voting for Obama simply because I view the rights cries about the deficit to be disingenuous. They talk about the deficit but sign pledges not to repay it (Norquist) and propose budgets with more tax cuts than spending cuts (Ryan's budget, Romney's mysterious tax plan).

10/2/2012 2:58 PM
It doesn't matter whether you lean left or right. This country's debt is dangerous and absurd. To ignore the issue is ostrich like. What could fix the problem? Simple, make it mandatory to balance the budget or you can't run for re-election.  That would include the President, Senate, and House.  
10/2/2012 3:57 PM
Posted by rockindock on 10/2/2012 3:57:00 PM (view original):
It doesn't matter whether you lean left or right. This country's debt is dangerous and absurd. To ignore the issue is ostrich like. What could fix the problem? Simple, make it mandatory to balance the budget or you can't run for re-election.  That would include the President, Senate, and House.  
John Maynard Keynes, Paul Krugman, Grover Norquist, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, Dick Chenney and Obama would all disagree. 
10/2/2012 4:35 PM
That's it. I'm voting for Ross Perot. If we all had back in '92, this would have all been fixed by now. This time I guess we can all write in Ron Paul.
10/2/2012 9:18 PM
Im a Canadian, so I dont get a vote..
10/2/2012 10:52 PM
Lucky you.
10/2/2012 11:06 PM
123 Next ▸
No Quitters!!! S25 - at most need 1 (maybe none) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.