NO Quitters!, S26 - rolled and theoretically full Topic

No Quitters!!! was founded on the simple principle that "One and done owners" killed leagues.  And most of the owners in the beginning of HBD were "One and done".  Therefore owners (esp on entering the league) were asked to commit for 3 seasons and hence the league name (It was never meant to imply that you stayed with the league forever, though that would be nice.).  WE have 2 owners that have met their commitment and are planning on retiring from No Quitters, bjschumacher, owner of the Salem Molten Erupters and darrenpv, owner of the Charleston Claret & Blues.  As you can see these teams have solid bases and like most teams in No Quitters limited ownership.  I am sorry to see both owners depart.  LOOKING for new ownership that will stand by the No Quitters guidlines of a minimum of 3 seasons.  Remainder of the league rules are available on the website.  SITEMAIL Grivfmd1 if interested.  Solid, no nonsense league
1/23/2013 7:29 PM (edited)
rules are located in commissioners thread - for those who can not find the commissioners thread here they are: (1) 30M minimal player budget(spent), (2) no ML players playing grossly out of position, (3) competent major leaguers at the ML level, (4) no fatigue issues in the majors, and (5) minimum wins 54/1yr, 114/2yr, 186/3yr, (6) maintain minors to satisfaction of other owners (while no exact number of players is a requirement, starting the season with 29 players and 15 pitchers/level will automatically meet this guideline), (7) an owner may be given a 1 year "grace period" by the commish OR the vote of 10 owners (any owner can initiate the vote) (confirmed 4/18/2010 by league vote) (8) EVERY new owner is asked to make a 3 year commitment.   

Do not ignore rule 6 (highlighted above).  The consequence would be expulsion (almost happened this year)
1/18/2013 8:11 PM (edited)
Yes - the commish of No Quitters intends to enforce the rules we all voted on
1/10/2013 6:51 PM
Good league, well worth joining.
1/11/2013 12:34 PM
Posted by crickett13 on 1/11/2013 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Good league, well worth joining.
amen, brother
1/11/2013 6:36 PM
charleston is claimed for next season - at present 1 team remains
1/16/2013 7:46 PM (edited)
Posted by grivfmd1 on 1/9/2013 12:54:00 PM (view original):
rules are located in commissioners thread - for those who can not find the commissioners thread here they are: (1) 30M minimal player budget(spent), (2) no ML players playing grossly out of position, (3) competent major leaguers at the ML level, (4) no fatigue issues in the majors, and (5) minimum wins 54/1yr, 114/2yr, 186/3yr, (6) maintain minors to satisfaction of other owners (while no exact number of players is a requirement, starting the season with 29 players and 15 pitchers/level will automatically meet this guideline), (7) an owner may be given a 1 year "grace period" by the commish OR the vote of 10 owners (any owner can initiate the vote) (confirmed 4/18/2010 by league vote) (8) EVERY new owner is asked to make a 3 year commitment.

A 3rd team is available due to the owners persistently ignoring rule 6 (highlighted above):  Kyleconley has been requested not to return because of the chronic issues with the Albuquerque HotCakes minors.  The new owner will be given 1 year to get the minors "fixed" before it begins to count against him
KyleConley has related a set of facts that make his lack of adherance to rule 6 understandable though not excusable.  He is on probation (1 year grace period) with the understanding that he will abide by all the league rules in the future.  The Albuquerque Hotcakes are no longer available
1/16/2013 7:53 PM
We have an owner who has decided to retire from HBD - the owner of the Atlanta Confederates has decided to retire.  In announcing his retirement Saintonan stated "I've decided to leave HBD and WiS in general, I feel I've left the team in much better shape than I found it. Best of luck to you and the league in the future."  It is hard to argue with the realty that under his leadership Atlanta has become a playoff force, and with decent future leadership should stay a force for years.  Whoever takes this team is getting a diamond that is NOT in the rough.    SITEMAIL GRIVFMD1 TODAY (WS PLAYING AS I TYPE)
1/18/2013 6:17 AM (edited)
19 saintonan ML 79-83 .488 3rd No No      
20 saintonan ML 92-70 .568 2nd Yes No yes no no
21 saintonan ML 96-66 .593 3rd Yes No no no no
22 saintonan ML 90-72 .556 2nd Yes No no no no
23 saintonan ML 108-54 .667 1st No Yes no no no
24 saintonan ML 97-65 .599 1st No Yes yes yes no
25 saintonan ML 103-59 .636 1st No Yes no no no
1/17/2013 6:32 PM
When I click on the team names I dont get the roster or anything to pull up.
1/22/2013 1:02 PM
Posted by grivfmd1 on 1/23/2013 7:29:00 PM (view original):
No Quitters!!! was founded on the simple principle that "One and done owners" killed leagues.  And most of the owners in the beginning of HBD were "One and done".  Therefore owners (esp on entering the league) were asked to commit for 3 seasons and hence the league name (It was never meant to imply that you stayed with the league forever, though that would be nice.).  WE have 2 owners that have met their commitment and are planning on retiring from No Quitters, bjschumacher, owner of the Salem Molten Erupters and darrenpv, owner of the Charleston Claret & Blues.  As you can see these teams have solid bases and like most teams in No Quitters limited ownership.  I am sorry to see both owners depart.  LOOKING for new ownership that will stand by the No Quitters guidlines of a minimum of 3 seasons.  Remainder of the league rules are available on the website.  SITEMAIL Grivfmd1 if interested.  Solid, no nonsense league
only 1 team left - either the Atlanta Team (chronic playoff qualifier) or the Salem team above - not sure which as incoming owner has not decided
1/23/2013 7:32 PM
Solid no drama league.  You won't regret joining.
1/24/2013 4:27 PM
rebelr has returned, however the charkeston team remains unclaimed as the owner that was lined up to take it is AWOL - 1st one to claim it is in - sitemail grivfmd1 if you have not already done so with your interest     http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=2584
1/25/2013 6:25 AM (edited)
NO Quitters!, S26 - rolled and theoretically full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.