World For Life- Season 8 -NEED A REPLACEMENT OWNER Topic

World For Life is heading towards Season 8
This is a very unique and challenging world in that its intent is to have teams built from the ground up and have players remain with their franchise "For Life".
To that end, the league specific rules are as follows:

-- Team names: They must be the same as they have been from previous seasons and are all major league franchises (except one -- Charlotte, which is a minor league franchise as there weren't 32 to choose from.... actually two, but the other is the Montreal Expos, so a former ML franchise)
-- Free Agency: The intent of the league is for players to stay with their franchises "For Life" so there is no signing of Free Agents from other franchises until the "Open" Free Agent Period that will be set and put out by the Commisioner. Our "Open" Free Agent Period begins the day before the Rule V Draft (so at the end of the traditional Free Agency Period).
-- Trades: There are no trades allowed.
-- Waiver Wire: Waiver Claims are not allowed.
-- Released Players: Released players are "Fair Game" to be signed by anyone at any time. This includes Arbitration Eligible Players that are released. You can tell that a player has been released (as opposed to "Left Via Free Agency") by looking at the transaction page on his player card.
-- Rule V Draft: No Players may be taken in the Rule V Draft.
-- Prospect Payroll: There is no limit to what an owner may set or transfer into their prospect payroll.

You must be willing to agree that non-compliance with the set rules will result in your willing removal from the league, to be replaced by an owner willing to play by and respect the rules. There will also be no excuses tolerated for missing out on signing your own players in time, etc. The point here is that we're all adults. We shall play the game as such. Much like WiS policy, there will be no helping out in case of "user error".

Available Teams:     

Wait List for Season 9:
1. diabeticrock
2. biggsj
2/24/2013 12:37 PM (edited)
Add yourself to the waitlist.  We just started the post season.
2/5/2013 6:50 PM
This is a fun league.  Best thing is I never lose my players to free agency!!!!!!!
2/11/2013 4:55 PM
Add me to the wait list, please.
2/14/2013 4:55 PM
Please add me to the wait list. 
2/16/2013 12:35 AM
Looking forward to joining this world. Sounds like a great challenge. I've enjoyed being a member of No Trade Clause, and this one steps that up a couple of notches.
2/18/2013 6:26 PM (edited)
So diabeticrock, are you still interested in taking a team? I just want to know if I have #2 or #1 pick. A wide range of choices.
2/19/2013 7:02 PM
Just noticed #3 on the wait list gomiami1972. Salute to the undefeated '72 Dolphins team. I lived in Chicago when the 1985 Bears team went down to Miami on a Monday night late in the season, and the Dolphins spoiled the Bears' unbeaten quest. Bears, Patriots, Colts have come up 1 game short. Miami is still the one.
2/19/2013 7:20 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 2/19/2013 7:02:00 PM (view original):
So diabeticrock, are you still interested in taking a team? I just want to know if I have #2 or #1 pick. A wide range of choices.
bj, diabeticrock was on last season's waitlist, so I had him at the top of this season's, but I haven't heard back from him when I have inquired about his current interest in the league, so you probably have the 1st choice.  If we roll and I still have not heard back from him, you definitely have 1st choice.
2/19/2013 8:20 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 2/19/2013 7:20:00 PM (view original):
Just noticed #3 on the wait list gomiami1972. Salute to the undefeated '72 Dolphins team. I lived in Chicago when the 1985 Bears team went down to Miami on a Monday night late in the season, and the Dolphins spoiled the Bears' unbeaten quest. Bears, Patriots, Colts have come up 1 game short. Miami is still the one.
Why, thank you.  I was in attendance at the Orange Bowl for that game.  There was a collective sigh of relief from all the faithful when we went into halftime up big.  The Dolphins are still the one.  Too bad we haven't won a meaningful game since.
2/20/2013 9:51 AM
Please add me to the wait list.
2/20/2013 1:34 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I like the complimentary smoking jackets and slippers, too. I wasn't expecting that.
2/21/2013 10:11 PM

I could sing the Platters hit "only you" but I will take pity on our ears and not do it --- If you join and get us started

2/22/2013 4:30 PM
Which team is still open - Texas or Pittsburgh? Anyway, somebody signs up tonight, we go tomorrow.
2/22/2013 8:15 PM
123 Next ▸
World For Life- Season 8 -NEED A REPLACEMENT OWNER Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.