Josh Gibson full. Topic

A great league with active owners.  We have alot of former GD coaches in this world.   Sitemail me if interested.

1 Team available:

AL EAST TEAM

1/29/2013 12:59 AM (edited)
Come join Josh Gibson and see if you can figure out what a Homestead Gray is. Or an ArfDog.
1/24/2013 11:20 AM
Homestead Gray is an old professional baseball team in I believe the Negro leagues.  Many years ago.  I wont guess on the other. 
1/24/2013 11:27 AM
Posted by ozzzball19 on 1/24/2013 11:27:00 AM (view original):
Homestead Gray is an old professional baseball team in I believe the Negro leagues.  Many years ago.  I wont guess on the other. 
Correct. From wikipediea

The Homestead Grays (also known as Washington Grays or Washington Homestead Grays) were a professional baseball team that played in the Negro leagues in the United States. The team was formed in 1912 by Cumberland Posey, and would remain in continuous operation for 38 seasons. The team was originally based in Homestead, Pennsylvania, adjacent to Pittsburgh. By the 1920s with increasing popularity in the Pittsburgh region, the team retained the name "Homestead" but crossed the Monongahela River to play all home games at both the Pirates home Forbes Field and Pittsburgh Crawfords home Greenlee Field both in Pittsburgh. From 1940 until 1942, the Grays played half of their home games in Washington, D.C., while remaining in Pittsburgh for all other home stands.[1] As attendance at their games in the nation's capital grew, by 1943 the Grays were playing more than two-thirds of their home games in Washington.[2]
1/24/2013 11:53 AM
As for the other one, nobody seems to know what an ArfDog is. We also have no idea why any make believe player would want to play for a make believe team with a make believe name like that.

Come join Josh Gibson ozzz. I'm sure you would have no problem beating Arfy. It's quite easy actually.

1/24/2013 12:00 PM
I dont know why but I am just getting into the baseball game on here.  Been playing football for awhile now but only tried about 1/3 of a season on baseball before getting into two leagues currently.  Baseball has always been my favorite.
1/24/2013 12:03 PM
Posted by jibe on 1/24/2013 11:53:00 AM (view original):
Correct. From wikipediea

The Homestead Grays (also known as Washington Grays or Washington Homestead Grays) were a professional baseball team that played in the Negro leagues in the United States. The team was formed in 1912 by Cumberland Posey, and would remain in continuous operation for 38 seasons. The team was originally based in Homestead, Pennsylvania, adjacent to Pittsburgh. By the 1920s with increasing popularity in the Pittsburgh region, the team retained the name "Homestead" but crossed the Monongahela River to play all home games at both the Pirates home Forbes Field and Pittsburgh Crawfords home Greenlee Field both in Pittsburgh. From 1940 until 1942, the Grays played half of their home games in Washington, D.C., while remaining in Pittsburgh for all other home stands.[1] As attendance at their games in the nation's capital grew, by 1943 the Grays were playing more than two-thirds of their home games in Washington.[2]
This is totally racist.  I allow players of all colors on my team. And....one other thing!!!!!!!!!!!!
1/24/2013 1:37 PM (edited)
Available teams:

NL North Team       3rd pick in the draft

AL East Team          8th pick in the draft

1/25/2013 11:56 PM (edited)
Posted by Arfy on 1/24/2013 1:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jibe on 1/24/2013 11:53:00 AM (view original):
Correct. From wikipediea

This is totally racist.  I allow players of all colors on my team. And....one other thing!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've seen the dogs on your team, yeah you'll let anyone play for you.

And no I won't click on anything you leave behind. Uh-uh. No way Jose.

1/24/2013 3:22 PM
Well you're no fun.  Where is your sense of adventure?
1/24/2013 3:36 PM
bump
1/24/2013 4:01 PM
And Mitt has won the last two WS.  Though he did lose the election.
1/24/2013 7:02 PM
2 world series > winning election. my priorities were correct
1/24/2013 9:58 PM
As you can see, we have a great group of owners and have a great deal of fun. Active league with good conversations. Come join us.
1/25/2013 7:26 AM
bump
1/25/2013 9:35 AM
12 Next ▸
Josh Gibson full. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.