It's the most wonderful time of the year. Topic

Branch Rickey is about to rollover and we are looking for some dedicated players to join the league. We have a great league full of a lot of dedicated players and no standout team to win the WS. These teams are pretty even that you can almost be a playoff team in your first season. The NL is a toss up on who will be in the WS where the AL has the Santa Cruz Sluggs making the WS the past two seasons but can very easily be beat since they are losing a few great players to the FA market. I'm not sure yet exactly how many teams we will be having open yet until rollover but would love for some to agree to join us then I will post teams here as a first come first serve basis.

Thanks and Branch Rickey hopes to see you soon.
2/4/2013 8:18 AM
OK so here is a rundown of the 7 teams we have open in Branch Rickey.

Team 1) Has the number 1 overall pick in this seasons draft. The ML level players look like this,

Catcher Harrly Lima had a decent bat for a Catcher and his AS isnt the best but he has an OK PC for his bat. He would do for a catcher as you are rebuilding. He isnt under contract but is a DTR so you may want to have him return at only age of 24.

Needs to look for a 1B which currently doesnt have one but should be a hard find at that position.

2nd Base has a few to many guys at this position but the one that stands out is Reed Decker, he has a decent bat and good range and with his 86 DUR he should get you almost the whole season w/o using a backup.

3rd Base Robert Holzemer has low contact but his power (77) and splits (77/82) is pretty good and has 3B defense so he should be a good player and he is in his last season of his contract.

SS Leyritz isnt that great and doent have the defensive skills for a SS but Greer has an awful bat but really good defense and I know a lot of people will sacrifice a bat to have a top not defense at this position.

There really isnt much about this team this season but with the number 1 overall pick it's a start for someone willing to take the chance on a rebuild.

There are a couple Pitchers like Benavente that could get you some good value in a trade..

Team 3) Has the 5th overall pick in the upcoming draft and has a very good RF in Frank Mann. This team is gonna need a lot of holes to fill so you should have the funds to do it. Pitcher Robbie Decker will lead the team on the mound but thats about all that will lead the team.

Team 4) 6th pick in the draft. Ozuna and Rodriguez are the only players on the team worth talking about. It's gonna take time to work with this mess. Are you up to the challenge?

Team 5) Pitcher Clayton has really good cores as a Pitcher but with a 10 Stamina you wont be getting many innings from him. Catcher Candy Butler is a great player but there is not much to brag about with this team but they do have the 8th pick in the draft.

Team 6) Has the 14th and 21st selections in the draft. Has two good position players in Hank Olmas and Mark Chang. Rich Glover has splits in the 90s and will be a 1 starter for any team in the league and a good value. Tuck Hayes has  control and splits in the 80s, OMG there is just to much to list. With the position players this team could be in the WS this season with that pitching staff it has. To great of a team.

Team 7) Cortazar and Cruz, both Catchers, has hell of a bat. great 3B Galarraga, Yadier Lee probably one if not the best SS in the league, Alacorn and O"Sullivan both at RF will be great players at seperate positions. This team has some very well position players. Shawler and Bell lead the pitching staff but nothing to brag about.

Just take a look at these teams, some are great for you who want to test your HBD skills at a long term rebuild and some are ready for the playoffs now. Some of these are really great teams left that with the right owner can become very good teams in a season.
2/19/2013 10:22 PM (edited)
This world has made huge progress the past few seasons. Every season we've picked up a few long-term committed, funny, give-a-**** that quality is maintained, GMs.

Available teams range from needing a few FA pickups to compete to some building challenges. Something for everyone.

We're willing to consider new HBD players, as long as you're willing to demonstrate you know something about baseball rules and have poked around the forums and looked at a few words and have learned at least the very basics of HBD. Sent me a SiteMail if you're new & want to make your case to join an established world instead of the endless chaos of a public world.

2/11/2013 3:21 PM

This is a wonderful world

with wonderful teams

and wonderful owners

with wonderful camaraderie

for a wonderful time.

And believe me--I know wonderful.

2/12/2013 12:19 AM
Posted by mr_wonderful on 2/12/2013 12:19:00 AM (view original):

This is a wonderful world

with wonderful teams

and wonderful owners

with wonderful camaraderie

for a wonderful time.

And believe me--I know wonderful.

Not to mention a wonderful commish!!!
2/12/2013 6:49 AM

How wonderful are we?

2/13/2013 5:06 PM
We are wonderful!! You guys are missing out of this wonderful league if you don't join...... Trust me!!! It will be a fun time. Come joins us and enjoy.
2/14/2013 7:09 AM
Alright guys we still have 7 teams open. Come get you some!!
2/14/2013 10:57 AM
One more team taken today. We're on a roll! Catch the wave......
2/19/2013 3:08 PM
don't make Branch Rickey rise from the grave and eat your brain-honour him by joining a fake baseball league bearing his name
2/19/2013 7:52 PM
OK guys we have 6 openings. I have placed a link to the open teams in the first post so please go check them out and see for yourself what great teams we have and even greater guys we have in the league.
2/19/2013 10:24 PM
No doubt about it . . . Branch Rickey is the place to be.
2/20/2013 1:00 PM
our namesake, Branch B. Rickey III

2/21/2013 5:15 PM
Some of you guys joining these public worlds will not get the excitement of joining us in Branch Rickey. We as a league make decisions on who joins the league and we as a league make decisions on all rules. I am the commish but everyone has a word before any decision is made in this league. We have a lot of guys that has stuck with this league for many many season and will be here till the time comes they retire from HBD. If you join a public league you have to worry about multiple IDs being in the league and making bad trades but if you join Branch Rickey you will get the benefits of knowing this is a really good fair play league and whatsoever no drama. You will be very happy with this league a lot more then you will a public league unless you just want to be in a league full of bad trades probably multiple IDs. All I'm saying is Branch Rickey is a great world and you would be missing out on some really fun guys if you pass this league up. I guarantee it's worth it. Come join us!!
2/21/2013 9:26 PM
Posted by tufft on 2/11/2013 3:21:00 PM (view original):
This world has made huge progress the past few seasons. Every season we've picked up a few long-term committed, funny, give-a-**** that quality is maintained, GMs.

Available teams range from needing a few FA pickups to compete to some building challenges. Something for everyone.

We're willing to consider new HBD players, as long as you're willing to demonstrate you know something about baseball rules and have poked around the forums and looked at a few words and have learned at least the very basics of HBD. Sent me a SiteMail if you're new & want to make your case to join an established world instead of the endless chaos of a public world.

Before you join a private world, if that describes you, you should check in with us. We're open to new HBD players. And the world is in much better shape than pretty much any public world you're likely to land in.
2/22/2013 9:09 PM
12 Next ▸
It's the most wonderful time of the year. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.