ROY HOBBS 1 spot left. Good Team. Great Blog. Topic

Roy Hobbs League will be entering its 21st season and will have a few openings. This league is one of the best!

The League is very competitive, great owner activity in trading and chat, and a dedicated News and reporting Staff. Great Blog with historical stats and awards galore with new and dedicated blog contributors adding new content all the time!

Also worthy of noting - Our world has VERY LOW  turnover, and we have filled within a day or two of rolling since season 3. Get in while you can, you won't be disappointed. We have a great group and a great league! 

We have also added our own specific league rules to maximize competition and fairness as well as limit an owners ability to sabotage a team.  The rules are posted on our blog. The main rules are a maximum player salary cap to keep teams in good shape financially and a minimum win rule from year to year to keep teams from losing intentionally.

Our Blog address, Hobbsheadlines

If you would like to be a part of our GREAT league, please leave a post or sitemail palet99.

We have a few spots for sure to be available.  (Specific teams available will be posted soon)

** We are looking for owners who can commit for multiple seasons**

AVAILABLE TEAMS  -*New Owner can relocate and Rename Franchise*

Minnesota North Stars -         70-92 -  NL North
7/13/2013 12:09 AM (edited)
This will be my third season here and I like this league so much better than the others I've been in where one or two bad apples ruined the fun with pointless,rather than constructive,critisism. We have a commissioner who is understanding about owners with bad teams or I wouldn't be here. He does exercise his discretion so long as an honest effort is made and improvement shown. I personally have a team that doesn't have great potential and I admit to being part of the problem but we have some rising stars who should make this a better team down the road. They'll probably never be good or great. This is a fun league with active owners minus the crap I've seen elsewhere so come on in(asap so we can move on.)
6/30/2013 3:51 PM
Depending on the franchises available I could be interested.  Looking to add another franchise. 
6/30/2013 4:57 PM
Fun league. My personal favorite.
7/2/2013 4:57 AM
We have 6 openings
7/3/2013 11:16 AM
Those interested in taking over a ready-made, contending team should take a good look at the former New Orleans and  Seattle franchises.  They are ready to roll.
7/3/2013 5:27 PM
Roy Hobbs is the best of all possible worlds.
7/3/2013 7:12 PM
This is a little known fact,  and was sloughed over in the movie,  but Roy Hobbs, in addition to his baseball prowess,  was one of the original signers of the Declaration of Independence.  Have a Happy,  Hobbsian 4th of July.
7/4/2013 12:25 PM (edited)
I would have signed it,too,but everybody knows I can't write.
7/4/2013 7:43 AM
One more team is available, Sant fe
7/4/2013 9:47 AM
Santa Fe
7/4/2013 9:47 AM
Posted by hotdog on 7/4/2013 7:43:00 AM (view original):
I would have signed it,too,but everybody knows I can't write.
Lest any potential newcomers be scared off,  what hotdog meant to say (in his usual,  modest,  self-deprecating way) is that he doesn't write cursive.
7/4/2013 2:26 PM
And can't read the letters I write,either
7/4/2013 4:33 PM
But,  to get back on point,  someone should hop on the Seattle and New Orleans franchises.  Those teams are strong and can't last long at these prices. 
7/4/2013 8:39 PM
Not to mention the ferocious battle for Santa Fe
7/4/2013 11:05 PM
123456 Next ▸
ROY HOBBS 1 spot left. Good Team. Great Blog. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.