Mays Season 32 - 1 opening Topic

Original, drama free private world. Read through our forum history, the league is pleasant with good competition. Playoffs starting 5/27 and we will be looking to fill the teams below. We have one anti-tanking rule that calls for a league review if a team fails to reach 120 wins over a two year period. 

1 team left -

St. Louis Stallions (AL West) - Ultra competitive division and these guys were the champs this season. Owner is cutting back but was torn about leaving. This franchise has been strong for a while, with 9 straight 93+ win seasons BUT no elusive title yet. Looking for the right guy to come in and bring the championship to STL (or wherever you want to move it to). The AL West is crazy good (last place team won 89 games) so this team is good if you're looking for a dogfight each season. 

6/22/2014 11:44 AM (edited)
Well, I DO hope to  win the first championship for the STL franchise before I leave. 

This is a fun team. I am a RL Cardinals fan, so I like having a team in STL and Busch Stadium. It has the best pitching staff in the league, with the league's best pitcher in Domingo Borges. The team didn't hit for much average, but has an overabundance of power, and is one of the best fielding teams in the world. 

I am indeed cutting back and will hang on to one rebuild. This is a great world with a great commish and fine bunch of owners. I have played in the "trifecta" of Shoeless Joe, Doubleday, and BPF, recognized as year in and out among the top worlds in HBD. This world is every bit as good. Should FOX decide to invest more time and interest in HBD, I would look forward to coming back some day.

And hey, even with a good ML team, the minors are not barren. There are some very good prospects on the farm. So here is a chance for an owner to step right in and grab not only a contending team, but a relatively young team. If you make the right moves, you can sustain a dynasty. 
6/7/2014 5:18 PM (edited)
Great league and my personal favorite.  Come join a stable, drama-free world with great owners.
5/30/2014 11:13 PM
Posted by train on 6/1/2014 11:27:00 AM (view original):
Original, drama free private world. Read through our forum history, the league is pleasant with good competition. Playoffs starting 5/27 and we will be looking to fill the teams below. We have one anti-tanking rule that calls for a league review if a team fails to reach 120 wins over a two year period. 

Atlanta Seminoles (AL East) - This team is looking for someone to right the ship. Coming off another losing season, the 9th straight, the incoming owner should be looking at a high pick. Payroll is low (only 61M) and the team invested in prospects (25M this season). Potential for turnaround certainly exists here. 

Jacksonville Frizzle Fry (AL South) - Also a reclamation project; this once proud franchise has suffered back to back rough seasons. Similarities exist between Jax and the Atl profile above - relatively low payroll (59M) and a high pick on the horizon. Had the 2nd pick this year and took an absolute star (I had him top on my board). 

St. Louis Stallions (AL West) - Ultra competitive division and these guys were the champs this season. Owner is cutting back but was torn about leaving. This franchise has been strong for a while, with 9 straight 93+ win seasons BUT no elusive title yet. Looking for the right guy to come in and bring the championship to STL (or wherever you want to move it to). The AL West is crazy good (last place team won 89 games) so this team is good if you're looking for a dogfight each season. 

Salem Witches (NL West) - Proud (maybe?) owner of the top pick next season. Same owner for 21 seasons, but the franchise has fallen on tough times of late with 5 straight losing seasons. Looks like a rebuild and no better asset to have than the top pick.

**I'm going to be traveling and then moving for the next few weeks so please send any interest to mlhutch. He is assuming temporary commish duties to ensure a smooth rollover. Thanks!

For budget purposes we can try to install an owner prior to rollover. 
I am happy to report that we are now down to three confirmed openings as the Salem franchise has been claimed.

We are just starting the World Series and one of our openings (St. Louis) is playing for the title.  So if you are looking for a winner right off the bat, you know where to look.

As train mentioned, I am acting commissioner for the next few weeks.  Please sitemail me if you are interested.

6/5/2014 2:05 PM
Down to 3 openings!
6/6/2014 2:02 PM
World Series is over!  We will be rolling soon. 

Congrats to bagwellbuff on his well deserved WS victory!

6/8/2014 10:06 PM
We have a couple people interested in St. Louis so we might just have two openings shortly after rollover:  Jacksonville and Atlanta
6/11/2014 12:34 PM

Original, drama free private world. Read through our forum history, the league is pleasant with good competition.  We have one anti-tanking rule that calls for a league review if a team fails to reach 120 wins over a two year period.  Here is the updated list with our current openings:

AL East - This team is looking for someone to right the ship. Coming off another losing season, the 9th straight, the incoming owner should be looking at a high pick. Payroll is low (only 61M) and the team invested in prospects (25M this season). Potential for turnaround certainly exists here. 

AL South - Also a reclamation project; this once proud franchise has suffered back to back rough seasons. Similarities exist between this and the AL East profile above - relatively low payroll (59M) and a high pick on the horizon. Had the 2nd pick this year and took an absolute star (I had him top on my board). 

AL West – This team has been a perennial contender for the last decade – won 90 games last season.  Although it has an aging roster, it could easily maintain its contender status for another season or two.  Of course, an owner looking for a rebuild would have a lot of parts here to flip and jump start that process.

NL East – This team has been well taken care of over the 29 seasons under the care of disaacs.  Always a contender, this franchise won the NL pennant last season and played for the WS title.  With a good base of talent and reasonable financials, this franchise offers lots of options for the new owner.

6/23/2014 9:37 AM (edited)
Down to 3 openings.  Get in today!
6/16/2014 11:51 AM
Is there a way to get a password to see the Atlanta franchise?
6/19/2014 6:27 PM
A little historical background on Mays:

Mays is a world with a rich history.  We were one of the original public worlds created at HBD's inception.  Due to such a great core ownership group, we were able to avoid many of the problems that many public worlds faced early in the game's history.  In fact, Mays was always one of the highest rated public worlds (along with Mantle) in the myriad of world ranking systems that used to pop up from time to time in the forums.  After a long period of lobbying by Mays and other well-run public worlds, we were one of the few public worlds granted the ability to turn our world private (I know this is common now but 3-4 years ago, this was very restricted).  We have been private ever since.

Our tradition of being a well-run, drama-free league carries on today.  We have an active ownership group with many long-time owners that treat others with respect.  We have serious debates on our Hall of Fame candidates but also have fun with our World Chat.

We have three openings left.  We hope you will join us for season 32.
6/20/2014 9:04 AM
Sent a site mail to mihutch.
6/20/2014 1:57 PM
Down to our two final openings:

AL West – This team has been a perennial contender for the last decade – won 90 games last season.  Although it has an aging roster, it could easily maintain its contender status for another season or two.  Of course, an owner looking for a rebuild would have a lot of parts here to flip and jump start that process.

NL East – This team has been well taken care of over the 29 seasons under the care of disaacs.  Always a contender, this franchise won the NL pennant last season and played for the WS title.  With a good base of talent and reasonable financials, this franchise offers lots of options for the new owner.

6/23/2014 9:36 AM (edited)
We are down to just one opening in the AL West.
6/22/2014 11:10 PM
This is it, our final opening.  Come be the hero!

AL West – This team has been a perennial contender for the last decade – won 90 games last season.  Although it has an aging roster, it could easily maintain its contender status for another season or two.  Of course, an owner looking for a rebuild would have a lot of parts here to flip and jump start that process.
6/23/2014 9:37 AM
Mays Season 32 - 1 opening Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.