Last shot at TWO FREE SEASONS (1 team left) Topic

The Branch Rickey Challenge

Welcome to the Branch Rickey Challenge!

We are currently looking to add four competitive owners to our world.  To make things more exciting we have ponied up $50 in GC's that will be awarded* to the owner that can make the most improvement in his/her team.

The rules are simple:

Make the most improvement to your team, measured by winning %, and you win.

For example: If you take the Little Rock team (Season 21 Record: 63-99 [.389]) and go 69-93 [.426] you would have improved by .037.  If that's the highest number, you win!  In the event of a tie we will look at the head to head record of both teams.  If that's still a tie we will look at what place you finished in your division.  The fourth tie breaker will be if either team makes the playoffs.  If all of those criteria still result in a tie, the prize will be split evenly between the teams.

So are you up for it?

8/25/2014 5:47 PM
Here are some things you should know about our world:

Parity
We are a very competitive world.  This year will mark the only repeat WS winner in the past six seasons.  We have a good set of Private world rules in place to maintain competitive balance and ensure fair play.

Rules
1. Branch Rickey MWR 

* Any team not winning a minimum of 50 games in any one season or 110 wins over two (2) consecutive seasons (50/110) will be removed. 
* Any team losing 100 or more games in three (3) consecutive seasons will be removed. 

2. The Prospect Budget shall not exceed $20M in a season. This includes prospects signed in the Amateur Draft and IFAs. $20M total between the two. 
• Anyone inadvertently transferring more than a total of $20M into the Prospect Budget for each season will be asked to reduce the extra amount by transferring it back out to another budget item until the Prospect Budget reflects only $20M for that season. This will result in a loss of $$$, but that is the penalty for the infraction. 
• Any team winning an IFA bid who has illegally put more than $20M into the Prospect Budget will forfeit that player and the money bid on him. The Commissioner or a committee of his choosing will make a determination who gets that player by blind auction. 
• The IFA will then be placed on waivers by the offending team and the Commissioner will order all owners to not make a waiver claim on that player until he ends up on the private auction winning bidder's team. 
• The winning bidder is then required to keep the amount of his winning bid unspent in his Prospects Budget. If his Prospects Budget ever dips below the amount of his winning bid the IFA he won will again be subject to forfeiture. Another private bid will be held by the Executive Committee until somebody follows the rules. 
• Ties in this type of private auction will be broken under the same tiebreaker rules prescribed in the HBD help section on tiebreakers. 1. Head to head record. 2. Division record. 3. Run differential. 4. Coin flip by Commissioner. 
• Any owner who violates the $20M cap but refuses to comply with the penalty will be removed from Branch Rickey immediately. 

3. All teams are required to sign a minimum of 15 draft picks. This is to be done without exceeding the leagues prospect budget cap of $20 million. 
• Any team winning a IFA bid who has not signed the minimum 15 draft picks illegally will forfeit that player and the money bid on him. The Commissioner or a committee of his choosing will make a determination who gets that player by blind auction. 
• All rules follow Private League Rule #2. 

4. If an owner lets a substantial number minor leaguers go to 0(0) he will be notified of it. He will then have 7 days to fix the problem or will be replaced by a new owner. 

5. THE MONEY INCLUDED IN A TRADE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL PRORATED SALARY FOR THE PLAYER(S) OF ANY ONE TEAM. 

Friendly Competition
We have a good group of friendly owners.  We do give each other a hard time now and then, but it's done in good spirits.

8/25/2014 5:47 PM
Available Teams

We currently have one opening.  (All teams are listed by their former City/Name, there is no restriction on moving them.)

Scranton
www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx
Season 21 Record: 90-72 (1st in AL East) Lost Division Play in Series 3-1
#28 Pick in the draft.

8/28/2014 9:03 PM (edited)
Owners taking the challenge:

1.  smitty69 - Little Rock
2.  romarko1954 - Milwaukee
3. ck22 - Louisville

8/28/2014 9:03 PM (edited)
I'll take Little Rock if they are available. 
8/25/2014 7:29 PM

Holy CRAP! 2 free seasons? What do I have to do to sign up for that?

8/26/2014 11:00 PM
If you get frustrated when people blow $40 mil on IFA's, thus is the world for you. Great world and only 3 openings. If you join, we're down to 2. Worlds fill fast with only two left. Plus the chance to win free seasons is nice. Plus, sometimes people say funny things in the world chat. I like reading funny things, if you do too, then SIGN UP!!!
8/27/2014 7:59 PM
I am interested in the Louisville franchise.
8/28/2014 6:23 AM
Great!  I sent you an invite.
8/28/2014 7:09 AM
Posted by foulballz on 8/27/2014 7:59:00 PM (view original):
If you get frustrated when people blow $40 mil on IFA's, thus is the world for you. Great world and only 3 openings. If you join, we're down to 2. Worlds fill fast with only two left. Plus the chance to win free seasons is nice. Plus, sometimes people say funny things in the world chat. I like reading funny things, if you do too, then SIGN UP!!!
Your mom said funny things!  

Doh!

8/28/2014 12:41 PM
Two left guys, shot at free seasons. You know if you sign up now, last spot will go fast. Almost can say "sign up now and set budget tomorrow". Almost can say that. And it's a great world too. Great world, win free seasons, starting soon!!!! It's a win win. And if you're freaky good and win, it's a win, win win
8/28/2014 3:04 PM
And Arfy rarely says funny things. I was not referring to him. He'll get referenced when I advertise that the world chat is filled with dumb things. That will be about him. Yeah
8/28/2014 3:06 PM
Posted by foulballz on 8/28/2014 3:06:00 PM (view original):
And Arfy rarely says funny things. I was not referring to him. He'll get referenced when I advertise that the world chat is filled with dumb things. That will be about him. Yeah
Your mom didn't think I was so dumb....wait....um.....yeah......just join already
8/28/2014 8:54 PM
LAST SPOT GUYS!!! IF YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT JOINING A WORLD, MIGHT AS WELL JOIN ONE THAT WILL START IMMEDIATELY AND IS OFFERING BONUS SEASONS!!!!!! AND IS ARFY SERIOUSLY GLOATING ABOUT HAVING RELATIONS WITH MY RATHER OLD AND DECIDEDLY SENILE MOTHER??!!? CONGRATS???
8/28/2014 9:32 PM
Last shot at TWO FREE SEASONS (1 team left) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.