Warning Track S26 openings Topic

Warning Track is looking for some new owners to start season 26. Post here or sitemail me if you are interested in joining.

Warning Track is a private world with two rules. One is a minimum win rule and the other bans extreme ballparks.

No extreme ballparks in Warning Track World. No more than a +2 or -2 in any ballpark category.

There is a 120 win requirement for any 2 consecutive seasons. If a team fails to win 120 games at the ML level in consecutive seasons, then they risk being kicked out of the World. If a team fails to win the 120 games I will pick a panel of 4 veteran Warning Track Owners to judge whether or not they should be kicked out or given a second chance. In case of a tie, I will have the tie breaking vote. If a team comes up for vote twice, then the second time they will be automatically kicked out. This rule applies to the commish as well as everyone else.  

Open teams posted below
12/31/2014 7:26 AM
Available NL team(s)    

NL East team

Has the 4th pick in the draft and not much salary on the books for season 26. Most ML players are under the age of 30.

Prospects include Frank, Cecil, Valdes, and #2 pick SP Davis. A good franchise for someone to mold and build the way they want.

NL North team

Holds the #10 pick in the drafts.

Led by corner outfielders Donald and Valdes. Polonia is a solid young SP to build around. 

NL North team2

Team has the 20th pick.

Martin and Beltre hold the 3b and SS and provide plenty offense. Allen leads the rotation. Rowand leads up a group of prospects waiting to help the ML squad.

NLS team 1

Has the 23rd pick in the draft and has 5 players rated 80+ in the ML. Along with some nice prospects in the minors.

3b Wiggins and Bolten make a good duo. 24 year old Cash has 99 power and blasted 61 homers in 2 seasons. 5 players in AAA rated 70+ led by pitchers Bones and Porter.

Collier in AA is an ML ready OF at 22 years old

NLS team 2

Has the 28th pick in the draft. Has only had 4 owners in 25 years and not a lot of salary on the books.

23 year old 3b Magnusson and 24 year old 1b Molina provide a some offense and should be together for many seasons. AAA has a few guys in Valentine, Henley, and Moreno who are ready to help out at the ML level now.

NL West team

Has the 3rd pick in the draft

CF Garcia and SS Liverman are the ML leaders. Minors have some pieces in SP Rodriguez and RP Miranda

1/29/2015 4:30 AM (edited)
Available AL team(s)

AL North team

Has the 26th pick in the drafts

ML Squad has a good mix of youth and veterans. A good batch of prospects in Paulson, Jaquez, O'keefe, and Ono.

AL North team 2

Has the 20th pick

27 year old 3b All Star, Gold Glove, Silver Slugger Farnsworth is the leader of this squad. OF Mendoza holds his own and is a fan favorite. OF / 1b Perez should be in the ML in a season or two.

AL East team

Has the 17th pick

AL East team2
# 7 pick
Shave and Nelson  are a couple bright spots in the pitching stable. Romero hit 22 homers in just 87 ML games last season.

AA SS Harris should be able to help the ML team this season. 21 year old Priddy should make a solid SP.

AL West team

# 2 pick, historically a good franchise. A one and done owner gave them the # 2, but they are much better than their record last season.

Lincoln  is a good 3b in the last year of a big contract. White is a good SP in the same boat

AL West team 2

# 1 pick

1/29/2015 6:10 AM (edited)
Bump - Time to reorganize this thread. We now have 10 teams available.
1/10/2015 1:55 AM
To those in the world.  I reached out to tmfran to see if we can swap some owners, however we only need 4 to be ready to go so our potential isn't the best in getting your world going ASAP.

My suggestion:  Keep this thing updated and to the top.  Also, given that you need 13, reach out to the commissioners of 1530 Homer, Majors, and For Life as they need about the same amount of slots filled.  This is to consider a potential merge of worlds.  After a merge, this will put you within 2 to 6 open slots, pending on the world you work with.  After this, I can get a few guys, including myself, from LEG to help fill the remaining.  

WIS is not spending the money to get new blood, so commissioners like myself have to be a lot more innovative.  If you do this, you guys could be set to go within a week or two, and have the longevity and morale booster to keep the world from losing too many users down the road.  This will also avoid the pooling of money issue, as some don't want to spend more on a world where half of it is missing.  If there was low turnover and good morale, as suggested, it could an option down the road to give the world great retention.

Merging, you lose stats, league records, ect.  However, current players in both worlds, and whose team they are on, and respective free agents stay the same.  It's a compromise, but a great way to keep your current team and fill a world.  I know tmfran is trying his best, but given the amount of spots WIS is losing in HBD due to lack of their own efforts, the current pace and amount of worlds cannot sustain itself.  So it's either be proactive and compromise, or sit and wait until the world is dead completely.

Just trying to help...
1/28/2015 9:58 AM
Yes we have a lot of openings, but we have a good core of owners and are looking to add to that.
1/29/2015 8:59 AM
Bump
1/30/2015 5:01 AM
If you take a team in warning track, you can right off the 24.95 as a charity donation.
1/31/2015 5:48 AM
1/31/2015 1:16 PM
sunday funday bump
2/1/2015 12:40 PM
We're fun, come play with our balls, er, come play ball with us.
2/4/2015 7:56 AM
Bump
2/9/2015 9:43 AM
I'm interested in NLS 1 team. Sent sitemail to tmfran.
2/15/2015 11:37 AM
Warning Track S26 openings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.